Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
kanAltair
286 Views, 3 Replies

opening smoke 2013

Hi;

I've downloaded a free trial version to try this software (smoke 2013).

It did not appear any error during the installation, but now when I try to open it, after a while trying to do so, it shuts down without any message.

I've reinstall the software a couple of times, and I also try to restart everythign, but I don't know what I can do.

If anybody can help me, It would be great.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Robert.Adam
in reply to: kanAltair

Hi.

What version of Mac OS are you using? Is it OS 10.9 Mavericks by any chance? Smoke is currently not supported on this OS version.

Let's try starting Smoke from the Terminal app. That might help identify why it won't run:

1. Open the Terminal app.

2. Type the following command and press Enter:

cd /usr/discreet/smoke_2013*

3. Now type:

bin/startApplication

Keep the Terminal window open. Smoke will start (or attempt to start) and the Terminal window will display status messages and any error messages.

When Smoke shuts down, take a look at the latest messages in the Terminal and see if you find any error or reason for the crash.

You can post the output here too and I'll take a look at it.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 3 of 4
kanAltair

Hi Robert;

The Mac version that I've got is MacOSX 10.9.2

and the error that appears in Terminal is:

ERROR: Tried Smoke 2013 Pre-Release (776E1 2013.0.0.P), error 20

Tried Smoke 2013 Pre-Release (776E1 2013.0.0.P), error 20

Executing command: /bin/sh /usr/sbin/system_profiler SPPCIDataType -xml > /var/tmp/tmp

Uninitialising thread manager.

2014-03-26 01:29:36.466 osascript[7768:110b] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions:  dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions, 262): no suitable image found.  Did find:

/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions: mach-o, but wrong architecture

osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax" declares no loadable handlers.

319:350: execution error: System Events got an error: Connection is invalid. (-609)

Macintosh-3:smoke_2013.2.53.trial federico$ 

thanks for your help

Message 4 of 4
Robert.Adam

Hi.

Here's a knowledge base article with how to fix the "error 20" issue.

Also, you mention version 2013. The current trial is 2013 Extension 1. If you're using an older version, I recommend uninstalling it and installing the latest trial.

BTW: note that Smoke does not currently support OS X 10.9. You may experience performance issues.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report