Installation & Licensing

Message 1 of 3 (156 Views)
Accepted Solution

my pc keep rejecting AutoCAD 2012 and pc shuts down on the way of installation

156 Views, 2 Replies
01-16-2014 12:31 PM

I was able to install successfully without any difficulty when I install AutoCAD 2012 30 day trial in 2013, last year. And I uninstalled it in order to reinstall 3 year student AutoCAD2012 for class starting from this year.  But this time, my pc keeps rejecting. My pc shuts down on the way of installing. One time, PC even showed the error sign and said the software I tried to download is uknown souce.  Few things I can think of is.... I might set up securty high without knowing it, or I could not delete previous one completely.    I almost emptied inside TEMP file (some are still remaining ) and i tried again, but nothing helped. 

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 3 (142 Views)

Re: my pc keep rejecting AutoCAD 2012 and pc shuts down on the way of installati

01-16-2014 02:51 PM in reply to: nanookthepuppy

Download your appropriate version using the virtual assistant.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889745&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Message 3 of 3 (91 Views)

Re: my pc keep rejecting AutoCAD 2012 and pc shuts down on the way of installati

01-20-2014 06:58 AM in reply to: nanookthepuppy

I tried this solution and it doesn't work. I, too, downloaded AutoCAD 3 year student for 2012. I missed the license and serial number on the original download, but captured it on a second download attempt. The method you suggests dowloads to the computer but does not provide serial and ID info. My error message is FAILED for AutoCad and Inventor with no error number. Frustrating.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube