Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrating ADLM server to Win2K

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nyetter
186 Views, 4 Replies

migrating ADLM server to Win2K

My organization is currently planning our server migration from NT4 to Win2K. Currently, we run ADLM on an NT4 box, serving licenses for deployed installs of AutoCad2K.

Can the ADLM directory simply be backed up, then restored once Win2K is installed? Or are there important registry settings as well? Would it be possible to backup/restore the registry settings or is re-installation and re-authorizaiton necessary? Are there any other lurking issues I've missed?

thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: nyetter

Hi,

The only files worth backing up are the LIC files within the subdirectories.

When you have installed Window's 2000, I would strongly advise reinstalling the ADLM, but then reinstate the LIC files. If the
server code has not changed they should reauthenticate.

Does this help?

--
Mark Taylor
Product Support, EMEA
WW Support & Services, Autodesk
Discussion Q&A: http://www.autodesk.com/discussion

"nyetter" wrote in message news:f0cd131.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> My organization is currently planning our server migration from NT4 to Win2K. Currently, we run ADLM on an NT4 box, serving
licenses for deployed installs of AutoCad2K.
> Can the ADLM directory simply be backed up, then restored once Win2K is installed? Or are there important registry settings as
well? Would it be possible to backup/restore the registry settings or is re-installation and re-authorizaiton necessary? Are there
any other lurking issues I've missed?
>
> thank you.
>
>
Message 3 of 5
nyetter

>Does this help?

Very much!
We are still in the planning/testing phase, and we will be doing specific experiments on how the migration affects our network-licensed apps. The information you provided will be very helpful to us in that endeavor. Thanks!

Noah Yetter
MSCD IT
Message 4 of 5
Mlapinski

If the server name is changed, as part of the rebuild to Server2000, does this effect the ADLM server code in which case I would need to reauthenticate? What about the clients? Will the existing client installs be confused as to where the new ADLM is located if server name has changed?

Thanks, Mike
Message 5 of 5
rsellers

How is the ADLM reinstalled?
I just upgraded/migrated from a NT 4.0 server to Windows 2000 server. I noticed that there is no ADML service running or available on the Windows 2000 server.

Several NT desktop users get a message of:
Fatal Error: Security system (hardware lock or network lock) is not functionng or is improperly installed.

Windows 2000 desktops users seem OK.

I have the directory/files of the ADML copied to the new 2000 server but see no way of starting a adlm service in the OS.

Thanks,
Roger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report