Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing content on server

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bstaples
183 Views, 4 Replies

installing content on server

I created my deployment to place all the content on the server. During the NIW it prompted me if I wanted to overwrite existing folders and files. I said yes. Now my thought is, will it overwrite it every single time I run the deployment on a client machine? There are a few folders I remove and some I will modify.

My initial upgrade will be about 100 stations. If someone is hired later this year after the master upgrade, and I setup a station, I don't want to lose any of my modifications by the deployment overwriting with the out of the box settings again.

I want it to create the content once, then just have the paths set to it on the future client setups. I don't want to have any content on the local workstations. I thought about running the install once to get everything created, then modifying the deployment but I can't find a way that says something along the lines of "do not install any more content, it's already installed-just path to it"

What has everyone else done in this situation?

Brian
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: bstaples

What product and what version? -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "bstaples" wrote in message news:9351565.1082726617125.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I created my deployment to place all the content on the server. During the NIW it prompted me if I wanted to overwrite existing folders and files. I said yes. Now my thought is, will it overwrite it every single time I run the deployment on a client machine? There are a few folders I remove and some I will modify. > > My initial upgrade will be about 100 stations. If someone is hired later this year after the master upgrade, and I setup a station, I don't want to lose any of my modifications by the deployment overwriting with the out of the box settings again. > > I want it to create the content once, then just have the paths set to it on the future client setups. I don't want to have any content on the local workstations. I thought about running the install once to get everything created, then modifying the deployment but I can't find a way that says something along the lines of "do not install any more content, it's already installed-just path to it" > > What has everyone else done in this situation? > > Brian
Message 3 of 5
bstaples

I have ADT2005 right now and when ABS2005 is released I will have that as well, so two total.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

If you reffer to using remote content and specifying server as a location it's only when you create the deployment that it writes to this folder(s). When the deployment is installed at the client it doesn't touch this, only sets the path to these locations. -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "bstaples" wrote in message news:13533365.1082730858785.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have ADT2005 right now and when ABS2005 is released I will have that as well, so two total.
Message 5 of 5
bstaples

Thank you, that's exactly what I'm referring to. I appreciate your help.
Brian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report