Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't get Maya 2011 to activate

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1691 Views, 1 Reply

can't get Maya 2011 to activate

Hi,

I'm tring to register/activate my resent purchase of Maya 2011. When i get to the screen asking for my serial number i enter what is writen on the packaging, i hit enter, and it says:

The serial number you entered is not valid for the product you are trying to activate. Try again. (Error 123)

when i click on the little question mark next to the "enter product serial number" it says:

Note: if you are a subscription customer, you must install and activate your software using your Group ID.

I am a subscription customer, where do i find this Group ID?

thanks

Alberto

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

I was able to check the database and it appears you have a network license.  If you use a network license to activate, the system will error out as the serial number is 'Network' and not "Standalone".

If you are tryiing to change the install from Standalone to Network, you can check out this video:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9242258&id=14068656&siteID=123112

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report