Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find license

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
jdukc
14443 Views, 14 Replies

can't find license

Hopefully someone has an answer for this .... I'm running the latest licenser manager with 9 licenses for revit 2011.  Every now and then a machine (the first one in the morning to boot up revit) will say A VALID LICENSE CANNOT BE OBTAINED FROM THE NETWORK LICENSE MANAGER.  I'll then reboot the server and everything is fine and everybody can get on and work.  This is hit or miss, every couple of days, every couple of weeks.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
TravisNave
in reply to: jdukc

Was there an error number associated with this message?  The error number helps identify the problem.  However, it's probably due to network latency.  If you add a system environment variable called FLEXLM_TIMEOUT and give it a value of 1000000 it may resolve your issue. 

For more detailed information, see this KB:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13744786&linkID=9243099

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 15
frhervet

Hi,

Next time you have the problem, Do a "Perform satus enquiry" on the server and give us the log file to see where can be the problem.

Franck Hervet

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 15
jdukc

OK so it happened again .... a user got a message dialogue box saying Your application was not able to obtain a license because the FLEXnet license server manager cuold not determine where to find the licensing data it needs.   and then A valid license couldn not be obtained by the network license manager Error [-15.10.10061] 

The only thing that worked was to reboot the server, but I can't reboot the server everytime someone can't find the license.  I'm attaching the status enquiry file and the debug log.

Message 5 of 15
DarrenP

how many users does this happen to?

did you try the above suggestion?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 15
jdukc

Yes, tried the above suggestions .. but those suggestion don't really apply except for the one that says to rename the cascade file.

Message 7 of 15
frhervet

Have you both product on each pc ?

Franck Hervet

S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 15
jdukc

both as in autocad revit and another autocad product ?  that would be yes, we're running both autocad revit 2011 and autocad architecture 2011.

Message 9 of 15
jdukc

can the highlighted portion below be something ??

adskflex: Cannot read data from license server system.

The license server system appears to be running, but is not

responding If this persists, notify the System Administrator.

(The license server manager (lmgrd) and vendor daemon processes

should be terminated and restarted.)

Hostname:      CBLH-SERVER01

License path:  27000@CBLH-SERVER01;

FLEXnet Licensing error:-16,287

For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,

available at "www.acresso.com".

Message 10 of 15
TravisNave

Yes.  Stop the license server.  Then close LMTOOLS.  Open the Task Manager and make sure that adksflex.exe and lmgrd.exe are all terminated.  Then relaunch LMTOOLS and restart the service.  Check the status to ensure that all errors are gone.  If not, repost results here.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 11 of 15
frhervet

See also this :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7236859&linkID=9240617

Franck Hervet

Message 12 of 15
jdukc
in reply to: frhervet

nope, the lenght is only 68 characters long .. and haven't tried closing out of lmtools yet ...

Message 13 of 15
jdukc

this was a vpn issue .. when ever anybody used the vpn it did something to the network license.  we moved the license manger to a different server.

Message 14 of 15
dgussman

I have the same problem with a few users that we are allowing to connect via VPN to use the network license server.  Everything was working fine for a few months and all of a sudden, the errors stated to popup sporadically.  I understand you fixed the problem but I fail to see the realtion between the VPN connection and the server.

For me, I have my VPN users hit my Cisco device first and then connect to the license server.  Please help.

Message 15 of 15
jdukc
in reply to: dgussman

been on vacation so sorry for the late reply. I'm not an IT person just someone who was pushed into it, so I'm not sure what really happens with the vpn, license manager and such. all I know is that once we moved the license manager to a different server, the problems went away. also, one thing that I had to do was make a new environmental variable for the user (flexlm timeout) ...... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-A... hope that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report