Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autodesk failing to install

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
theoncomingstorm3
423 Views, 6 Replies

autodesk failing to install

I tride to install Autodesk_Inventor_2012_English_Win_64bit when i open it it just thinks for a long time then stops

I have tried

-running as administrator (same thing happened)

-restart then run it another time (same thing happened)

-it is in a read right folder

my computer has

2 2.33GHz processors

4GB RAM

64-bit OP

Windows 7 Ultimate Service pack 1

NVIDIA Quadro FX 350M card

help as soon as posible.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Maybe it is a bad download?  You could try extracting it on another computer to see.  Once extracted, you can use the files to install anywhere.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7

after making my last mesage i found out that the file i got was not a true exe it was an arcive, when extracting it to a new folder winrar gave me 2 errors a corupted file error and a unexpected end to file error.

I will atempt to get a new copy from the website and then update this post as to what happens.

thankyou for the help.

-TheOncimingStorm3

Message 4 of 7

the setup now works but it will not accept my product key, it will take the serial number

can you help?

Message 5 of 7

What product key are you trying to use?  They're all the same. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 7

797D1

Message 7 of 7

I apologize for the delayed response theoncomingstorm3.

Are you still having this installation / activation issue? If so can you please send me a "Private Message" (click on my philip.s profile name, and then "Send this user a Private message") with your serial number and a screen shot of the error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report