Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17
zento92
32711 Views, 16 Replies

acbrandres.dll

Hello, i got a problem..

i downloaded autocad 2014 like a student(free trial version) but when i try to open it, it shows me a message of error about "acbrandres.dll" and it close itself..can anyone help me?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
TravisNave
in reply to: zento92

Try a repair install or add the latest service pack.  If memory serves me correctly, this is simply a bug in the splash screen.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 17
hinashah14
in reply to: TravisNave

I have a similar problem, while installing AutoCAD 2015 on Windows 8.1 system. Installation created a desktop icon, clicking on this, gives a message of missing acbrandres.dll. I tried to repair the AutoCAD 2015 app, but it is not visible in the list of installed programs in control panel. However, there are other autodesk programs, like the AutoDesk 360 and Autodesk Recap. See the attachment to understand what I mean by the last sentence. 

Message 4 of 17
dembkod
in reply to: hinashah14

hinashah14

Corrupt install. You should uninstall using the MSFixit tool here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall\

After this, reinstall the program and see if it appears in the Control Panel.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 5 of 17
in reply to: dembkod

I got the same problem in Autocad 2013. It says Problem Loading AcBrand.Res.dll resource file

Message 6 of 17
Gary_Mansfield

Good day, was this resolved in any way? I tried doing the service pack update but still getting the same error.

Regards
Gary
Cheers bye...

Gary Mansfield aka Happiness Consultant

Don't be shy to hit that Kudo's button when you apply my solutions.
Message 7 of 17

Check the Registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D001:407\MiniDump]

SendAppArgs=

I think this is wrong:

/DMP "C:\Users\#USERNAME#\AppData\Local\Temp\acminidump.dmp" /APPICON "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\\AcBrandRes.dll" /APPICONID 1

Should be:

/DMP "C:\Users\#USERNAME#\AppData\Local\Temp\acminidump.dmp" /APPICON "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\AcBrandRes.dll" /APPICONID 1

Replace #USERNAME# with your Username

I hop it helps

Message 8 of 17
toyotahideaki
in reply to: 829992

I got the same issue 2017

Message 9 of 17
toyotahideaki
in reply to: TravisNave

I got the same problem and asked in here 2 days before , Autodesk just told me uninstall & reinstall it ... However , I did it twice but still not work , also had error " AcBrandRes. dll " ... I don't think it can work if I reinstall it ... any solutions else ??

Message 10 of 17
natasha.l
in reply to: toyotahideaki

Hello @toyotahideaki,

I would try using AIDA logs to troubleshoot installation errors. 

AIDA Autodesk® Installation Diagnostic Assistant is intended to provide assistance in identifying the root cause and providing a suggested solution.

How to Download & Use the AIDA tool: 

1. Download the installation executable from the following link to download AIDA.

2. Double-click the executable and click the “Install” button

3. Accept the license agreement and click “next”

4. Click the “Install” button. The install should complete in 1-2 minutes. Click “finish” when complete

-Launch AIDA. The one click functionality should detect the most recent install log file containing errors and provide an output HTML file.

-If the utility is unable to detect a log file with errors, you can click the "load logs" button and manually locate the log which will have a naming convention of "[Product Name] Setup.log" for the product that had the install failure.

-If the utility is unable to provide you with a solution, click the "Create Zip File Button" to save a zip file with all the logs and analysis associated to with the install.

-Please attach that zip to your reply

Please keep us posted. Thank you. 

Message 11 of 17
toyotahideaki
in reply to: natasha.l

ok , thx your solution but I deleted the program and going to reinstall ... but it mentioned that autocad was installed before ... so I cannot keep on install it ...

but I can certainly it was cleaned out include Microsoft C++ 64/86 , searched regedit and find all files about Autodesk or Autocad ... Finally I tried to search are there any Autocad or BIM 360 files ... it's nothing visible... but I have no idea why it still mentioned me those 2 apps were installed and interrupted me ...

2017.jpg

Message 12 of 17
toyotahideaki
in reply to: natasha.l

sounds great , it looks like great apps to fix any errors , wish this will be useful ...

Message 13 of 17
natasha.l
in reply to: toyotahideaki

Hello @toyotahideaki,

You may want to remove all Autodesk related files, I have listed the locations where you can remove them all. 

-Delete any residual Program Files from these locations: 

• C:\Program Files\Autodesk\
  • C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\
  • C:\Users\All Users\Autodesk\
  • C:\Users\**YOUR USERID**\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\
  • C:\Users\**YOUR USERID**\AppData\Local\Autodesk\

-Clean out your TEMP files:

Click the Windows Start button.

In the Run box type %TEMP% and press Enter

Highlight and delete all the Autodesk product related program files & folders. 

Ignore any files in use.

-Back Up > appIndex.xml file before deleting

Please let us know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 17
iagroepduiven

Same here. Tried to fix it by removing all the Visual C stuff, to no avail. Then tried to uninstall .NET 4.7, same problem. Then found the fix!

Remove .NET 4.7. Manually install the .NET 3.5 and 4.0 packages first!

Apparently, when you have uninstalled .NET 4.7 and run the AutoCAD installer, the .NET 4.7 gets installed instead of the .NET 4 needed.

After install, just update the .NET installs one by one, just to be sure. So I installed all .NET 4 updates, moved to 4.5.2, then 4.6 and then finally .NET 4.7.

Message 15 of 17
mgoshibaig

most often it occurs because we install cad in other drives and then we try to change its locations as putting it in folder or moc=ving to another drive, most cases we make a new folder and put it in there so it loses its path and this error occurs, you need to replace or undo the folder of cad back to its original destination on which it installed.
Thanks

Message 16 of 17
anas.alhowaily
in reply to: mgoshibaig

You just nailed it, Thanks a ton !

I found that I changed the location of the installion folder by mistake, when returned to the original folder every thing was fixed.

Message 17 of 17
f365t2
in reply to: mgoshibaig

This fixed the issue for me as well, thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report