Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I'll Never Buy Anything from Autodesk

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
362 Views, 1 Reply

Why I'll Never Buy Anything from Autodesk

To whom it may concern,

Today I installed Autodesk Sketchbook Express and used it to draw a multi-layered illustration of thoracic anatomy. I enjoyed using this program- it was intuitive and made me want to use it more than Photoshop Express 11. Since I have a 6 month old daughter and a job that keeps me quite busy, I appreciate anything that lets me make the most of my free time. I saved my work and left to run some errands and have dinner, excited to return to my drawing.

However, upon reopening Sketchbook Express and my drawing file, I was greeted with the following messageAutodesk SketchBook Express Gotcha.PNG

In a way, it is almost refreshing to see a company show such open and honest contempt for it's customers. So thank you, Autodesk. Thank you for being straight with me and warning me against being your customer. Message received, over and out.

Regards,

John Walton

PS- I tried opening the same file in Photoshop Express (to at least salvage the time I'd spent on it) and found that Autodesk had merged all the layers.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JTBWorld
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry to hear about your troubles but it seems like you missed that this is a free "sneak peek" for the pro version. Here is what the description says: "Autodesk SketchBook® Express for Mac is a fun and intuitive drawing application. Get a taste of the SketchBook Pro experience with SketchBook Express. Use professional-grade tools and brushes to create and save flattened images to your Mac."

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report