Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the Autodesk Assistance program end?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
dennisbrandow
3753 Views, 9 Replies

When will the Autodesk Assistance program end?

I purchased a student version of product design suite ultimate and as an unemployed individual that has worked in the engineering field It was my understanding that this software was avaliable to me to learn and use. at least that is what it says on the autodesk assistance program website. When I tried to activate the software through identit-e.com they first denied I was eligble because I wasnt a student. After I directed their attention to the website they now claim "the assistance program ended 2 years ago" and still refuse to activate my software. I just noticed on the FAQ website it claims the assistance program ended on jan 31 2011. Why would you (autodesk) still advertise the assistance program if it ended in 2011???? Was there an extension that I havn't noticed because it seems like autodesk has extended the program a few times now.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
philip.s
in reply to: dennisbrandow

Hi dennisbrandow,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience as the Autodesk Assistance Program page definitely could use a little updating.

To get you up to speed, the Autodesk Assistance program merged into the Education Community, adding "Unemployed" as one of the site registration options.

As the discounted student suite pricing is only applicable to students and faculty (please see these Eligability Guidelines for more), I'd suggest that you return the software and register within the Education Community to receive free termed licenses. 

Please feel free to let us know if you have additional questions / concerns, or accept this as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry.

Message 3 of 10
dennisbrandow
in reply to: philip.s

Philip,

Thank you for your quick response sir!

I will accept your response as answering my question however I am disapointed that the autodesk's website is so out of date and misleading. I would also expect the company to allow access to the software I have purchased as it still advertises I am elegable....

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 10
philip.s

You're very welcome Dennis!

I completely understand where you're coming from and we are in the process of removing the outdated Autodesk Assistance page.

Regarding the purchased software, can you please let me know where it advised that you were eligible so we can update as needed? As mentioned earlier, the Eligability Guidelines on the Autodesk Store list students and faculty with no mention of Autodesk Assistance Program members.

Message 5 of 10

Philip,

I based my purchase off the statement found on the assistance FAQ page and the following was copied directly fron it.

Can I obtain and use software made available to students if I am not a student?
Maybe. To download, install or access software identified as a student version, personal learning version or being subject to a student license, you must agree to and comply with all of the conditions and restrictions contained in the applicable Autodesk software license agreement for such license type, including, but not limited to, meeting the following eligibility requirements. You must be one of the following: (a) a faculty member; or (b) a student; or (c) an Autodesk Assistance Program participant.

An Autodesk Assistance Program participant is either a veteran or unemployed individual who has previously worked in the architecture, engineering, design or manufacturing industries, completed the online registration for the Autodesk Assistance Program, and upon request by Autodesk is able to provide proof of eligibility for that program.

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=community_faq#login

I don't dispute the fact that you have provided me with sufficient information to say that I am in fact not eligble its just that my purchase was based off the statement above. and considering I have a student version, am unemployed at the moment and there was no mention of in the statement above to investigate my eligibility further I purchased the software...

Again, thank you for your time and I hope this helps clear up further confusion with other individuals interested in learning autodesk's software.

Dennis 

Message 6 of 10

Philip,

I also purchased the software through Amazon. If I had purchased it through Autodesk's store I would most likley have noticed the eligibility guidlines that you are refering to...

thanks

Message 7 of 10
philip.s

Ahhh, that makes more sense now Dennis and thanks for clarifying. I really just wanted to make sure that we remove all outdated information.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions down the road!

Message 8 of 10
scottjenkins

One of the perks of the assistance program was the ability for Displaced Professionals to buy full versions of the software at reduced prices. Is that option still available?

Thanks

Message 9 of 10
philip.s
in reply to: scottjenkins

Hi Scott,

Confirming that the discount for displaced professionals is no longer available as it went away with the Assistance Program.With that being said, I'd strongly recommend contacting an Authorized Reseller if you're interested in purchasing a license to see if they have any special offers or promos that may have replaced the previous program.

I know that's not the answer that you're looking for but please let us know if we can be of additional assistance.

Message 10 of 10
mesacrash

Giving back to the veterans is outdated? What about the ones that gave their lives for you; outdated?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report