Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Problem Launching Maya!! PLEASE HELP!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
subgeniuszero
1232 Views, 3 Replies

Weird Problem Launching Maya!! PLEASE HELP!

Hi there.  I’m running a free 3-year student license of Maya on my Mac, (a new Mac Pro, with OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks installed).  32GB of RAM, dual AMD FirePro cards, etc.  I had Maya working just FINE on this system (Maya SP3), for a few weeks, but then I tried to install SP4, and it . . . broke something.  What, I’m not sure.

Here’s what happens.  I double-click Maya in the Dock, and the icon begins bouncing.  A minute or so passes.  Then it says that my license is being verified.  Then that window disappears a minute later, and I get . . . nothing.  The Maya icon has a light underneath it in the dock, signifying that it is running okay . . . but, the menu bars do not change to Maya’s, and the main window never appears, and the only way to “quit” is to go to the Dock icon, right click, and select “Force Quit.”  There is no crash report generated (that I know of); also, I do not get the familiar OS X "You have forced X.app to Quit..." dialogue afterward . . . I get nothing, zip, nada.

In an attempt to solve the problem, i followed the steps on the “Up and Ready” blog to completely uninstall Maya from my system.  Once that was done, I reinstalled it from the original downloaded disc image for Maya (not the SP3 or SP4 versions).  As expected, during license activation, I received error 110.  (Because I am on OS X Mavericks.)  So, I then installed SP3 on top of this new install.  Tried it again — no luck.  Then, I installed SP4 on top of THAT install..  Tried it again — same exact problem.  Bounce, bounce, bounce . . . Force Quit.  So I uninstalled completely AGAIN (a cumbersome process — there should really be an Uninstaller made for Maya, but I digress).  This time, I installed ONLY SP3, and nothing else.  Tried to launch again — but no dice.  So, once again, I went through the ENTIRE uninstall procedure from the “Up and Ready” blog.  Next, I installed ONLY the version of Maya on the SP4 disc image . . . but to no avail, for the same problem occurred once again.

I don’t think this is a licensing issue, because during the licensing phase, I receive no error codes or anything when running the “only SP3” or the “only SP4” installation.  Rather, I think something happened when I first installed Maya SP4 . .  and whatever it is, it's gummed up Maya’s inner-workings something good.  I’m not exactly sure how to troubleshoot this, either.  The only thing I know to do is completely remove Maya along with the licensing software and licenses, and then reinstall from just one of the service pack releases — which I’ve done, of course, but it did no good.  Maya is broken . . . please help!  I'm including my email address in this message, so I can be contacted directly, if necessary.

—Andy H.
subgenius.zero@me.com
tel: 812-288-5086
AIM: subgeniuszero
Maya 2014 — Mac Pro 2013 - Quad-Core Xeon E5, 32GB DDR3, dual AMD FirePro D300, 2GB ea.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
r_thrasher3
in reply to: subgeniuszero

I Have the exact same issue!!!! please help!!

Message 3 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: subgeniuszero

subgeniuszero

Hello. Uninstall Maya and download the Latest Service pack. Then look for the Autodesk and Maya folders and delete them. Use the Finder > Go to Folder option and remove them from here:

Library/Preferences/

Library/Autodesk

Library/Application Support/Autodesk/

Now for the licensing, if you have Adobe products installed you may see Adobe license files in these locations. If they are present, copy them out and copy back after.

Library/Preferences/Flexnet

Library/Application Support/Flexnet Publisher

Remove the ADSK files, and flexnet files. Just save the ones that look like Adobe.

Then install.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 4
apetrov
in reply to: dembkod

Hello,
Seems like the same issue with Maya2014 on my side:
1 : After installation I was able to activate Maya once, it worked fine, but next time I tried to start it I only got Maya icon bouncing in Dock.
2 : I've removed Maya, Autodesk & Flexnet folders mentioned above, I've also removed all adobe files from Library & installed it once again, but it didn't help - Maya is still bouncing in Dock & all I can do is forcequit.

Any suggestions? Maybe there could be more files I should search for?

Many thanks
Alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report