Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault workgroup 2011 install failure

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
david
661 Views, 7 Replies

Vault workgroup 2011 install failure

When installing VW2011, I get an error during pre-check that reads "An older version of SQL server is used for an existing Vault database instance." I am unable to go any furhter with the install. I have SQL Sever 2005 Express sp-3 installed. Any help would be sappreciated.

David Russell

QED, Inc.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: david

Did you already have a previous version of Vault installed?  Or perhaps and older Inventor installed with a local content center? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
david
in reply to: TravisNave

Vault Workgroup 2010 is installed. This is on our server machine, no inventor or content center.

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

I do not believe you can have more than one version of Vault installed. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
david

So how do I upgrade from Vault Workgroup 2010 Server to VW2011 Server?

Message 6 of 8
minkd

The error indicates that it doesn't like the SQL version. VW2011 definitely runs on SQL Server Express SP3. Therefore I'm guessing what may have happened is that when SP3 for SQL was installed, it may have upgraded the "default" instance, or created a new instance. What you need it to do is upgrade the "AutodeskVault" instance. Try installing the SP3 for SQL again, but this time either type in "AutodeskVault" for the instance name, or click on the "View all instances" button and select the "AutodeskVault" instance. Once SQL is upgraded, the VW2011 install should work fine.

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 8
david

Thanks. I will give that a try on Monday and let you know of the outcome.

Message 8 of 8
david

That worked and I was able to upgrade to VW2011. Thnaks for the help!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report