Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall and re-install Inventor 2012 Professional

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
421 Views, 1 Reply

Uninstall and re-install Inventor 2012 Professional

Was having problems installing Inventor 2012 Ultimate with network license and 2012 Premium with single site license on same machine.

I uninstalled 2012 Ultimate with the windows unintaller then installed 2012 Premium.  

Premium is up and running.

Now the installer indicates 2012 Ultimate is installed and will not let me select it for re-install.  

What do i need to do to be able to re-install 2012 Ultimate?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

I am not certain about the mixing of the products in network and stand-alone with these two suites.  You cannot have identical products installed as two types.  Thus you cannot have Inventor stand-alone and Inventor network on the same machine.  In any case, you have to install PRemium before Ultimate.  You should do a clean uninstall and see if you have better luck.  You can use the MSI Cleanup utility but beware of 1402 install errors aftwards. 

Installation problems may be resolved using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autdoesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report