Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use my serial code twice

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
robin
1547 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to use my serial code twice

Basically i use auto cad on my laptop and my pc. I recently got a new worksation for cad and i upgraded my laptop to 2015 cad using the seriel number autocad sent me. when i downloaded it on my new workstation it wont let me enter the seriel number. Both systems are used by me and me only so what is the problem? Can any help me?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: robin

Hi Robert,

Using the email address on file I was able to pull up your Contract. 

By Upgraded I am making an assumption you meant you downloaded, installed and tried to activate the Product correct? In doing so, what Serial Number did you use, is it the 2014 version or the 2015 version? As the Contract Manager, you can view your Serial Numbers in Subscription Center, see here for the steps. 

Do post back with the particular error message and a screenshot of the error so I can dig further. Do make sure to erase any License or personal information on the screenshot for security purposes. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 6
robin
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

yes did all that and triued to activate autocad lt 2015,  i used a seriel number sent to me by autocad i typed it in and this happened:

Thank you for purchasing an Autodesk product.

The next pages will guide you through registration and activation of your product.

If you need help with a field, click the help icon 

Enter Product Serial Number.

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

Questions? Get answers from our Virtual Agent.
ASK
Message 4 of 6
jessica.t

Thank you for the additional information, Robin. Could you send a screenshot of the activation page that includes the product name? And again, please be sure to edit out any license information. Are you receiving a request code? Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 6
robin
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi,

sorry for the late reply...still having the same problem the following images happen in the order after each page

Message 6 of 6
philip.s

Hello Robert,

It looks like you are trying to activate AutoCAD, however the license details that I found connected to your account were for AutoCAD LT. As such you can download AutoCAD LT 2015 from the Autodesk Virtual Agent, using Product Key 057G1 to activate.

Happy to validate your license if you want to send me the serial number via Private Message.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report