Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to initialize adlm

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
diego.venturin
26914 Views, 9 Replies

Unable to initialize adlm

Hi

A week ago Autocad 2014 started to give me the error "Unable to initialize adlm", Internal Error Message "Error initializing the Usage tracking component." Error Code: -103.

After the error, Autocad start to load while the splash screen is active and then it crashes.

I had no problem before since the installation.

I tried to remove the TSF files in order to register again the software, but it didn't worked. In fact, it seems like the problem is before accessing those files.

I already tried to restore the installation and to unistall completly Autocad (deleting both the folders in ProgramData and Autodesk user folder and cleaning the registry), but nothing.

In the ADLM log file I see this:

716 2013/07/19 10:17:36 Reason=Fatal error
716 2013/07/19 10:17:36 ComputerName=DVENTURIN
716 2013/07/19 10:17:36 OS=8.3.8601.
716 2013/07/19 10:17:36 File=AdlmIntUTHandler.cpp,Line=170
716 2013/07/19 10:17:36 VendorID=11 [ADUT]
716 2013/07/19 10:17:36 VendorError=-103 [Error occurred in initializing ACE library]
716 2013/07/19 10:20:36 Reason=Fatal error
716 2013/07/19 10:20:36 ComputerName=DVENTURIN
716 2013/07/19 10:20:36 OS=8.3.8601.
716 2013/07/19 10:20:36 File=AdlmIntLicenseMgr.cpp,Line=263
716 2013/07/19 10:20:36 AdlmIntError=10 [Error initializing the ADLM]

In order to at least view DWG files, I installed TrueView and it works without problems.

I also tried to do a clean installation as written here (2014: Resolving installation issues with a clean install of AutoCAD Civil 3D), but it didn't worked

Someone have any suggestions to repair this?

Autocad 2014

Running on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: diego.venturin

You might also have to delete the ProductInformation.pit file, then uninstall the Autodesk software.  Then reboot and make sure it is all gone, including the Autodesk licensing services.  When it is all cleared out, reinstall fresh.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10
diego.venturin
in reply to: TravisNave

When I performed a clean installation, I deleted all the folders related to Autocad, including the folder containing the pit file, but I still got the error.

Message 4 of 10
TravisNave

If you still have a Autodesk license service in your services.msc, then you might have to remove that too.  HiJackThis can help you remove services.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 10
diego.venturin

I tried, but nothing.

I removed it, clean up everyhing and reinstall Autocad after a Windows restart, but the error still persists.

By the way, I have Solidworks 2012 x64 on the same machine that uses the same service ("FlexNet Licensing Service 64") and it works without problems. I tried also to remove the service again and tried to start Solidworks without the service, but it created the service on runtime.

Nothing changed.

And still no response from Autodesk...

Message 6 of 10
diego.venturin

I tried also to remove Solidworks and delete completly all folder and registry keys that I found about "FlexNet".

Nothing changed.

I also tried to restore .NET

Message 7 of 10
TravisNave

And you reinstalled the Autodesk product after you blew away all the licensing?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 10
diego.venturin

Yes.

I deleted everything, restarted the system to avoid having some open handle on files and installed Autocad again.

I think at this point that the problem may be in some windows dll or some registry key (I deleted all the keys Autodesk suggested).

We will try a system restore and, if it doesn't work, reinstall the whole system.

Message 9 of 10

I reinstalled the whole system.
Message 10 of 10
sishu

Hi,this worked for me ,in previous uninstalls i didnt deleted autodesk registry files from windows https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/installation-activation-licensing/get-ready/remove-p...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report