Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get Renderman installed into Maya

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bmurphy
2818 Views, 2 Replies

Trying to get Renderman installed into Maya

Hi guys,

I am new to Maya and was thrown into it at work. We purchased Maya 2013 and Renderman and have made sure they are both 64 bit.

Am I supposed to load in the Renderman plugin through the Maya Plugins window? If I do this, there is a red bar of text that goes across the bottom of Maya that gives me a bunch of paths with wordage like, "Error: File:" and, "Symbol not found" (refer to attached)...stuff that makes no sense to me. Obviously, the plugin will not load.

Anyone spare a moment for a newbie? I really appreciate it!

Cheers,

Brian

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: bmurphy

1.  You need to find out exact version of Maya you have. i.e. Maya 2013 (Gold), Maya 2013 SP1, Maya 2013 SP2, Maya 2013 Extension 1 or Maya 2013 Extension 2.

The Extension versions are completely different from the Gold and SP version.  The Renderman plug-in must be re-compiled corrrectly to a  particular version of Maya.

2.  You will need to tell Pixar the version of Maya you are using and confirm the Plug-in is compiled correctly against the Gold, SP or Extension version of Maya 2013.

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
bmurphy
in reply to: bmurphy

I have gotten the program to load - the fix was making sure I had a 64 bit version to match Maya but now I can't see any render icons undfer the RENDERING tab nor can I select Renderman as the renderer.

It loads but Maya doesn't see it....any ideas?

Thanks!

Brian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report