Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total installation failure consistently

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tc8224
553 Views, 5 Replies

Total installation failure consistently

Hi People,

I've got an installation fail for Autodesk Inventor Pro 2012, with a student license issued yesterday. Screen shot of the final screen:

autodesk fail.jpg

I've tried removing files as described http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617 

Some of the files it says to remove are not there, and the registry doesn't have either of the keys so I presume the installation doesn't get that far. Restarted several times, re unpacked downloaded etc. 

Only 'bad' thing is during the initial installation it said there was a 'pending restart' of my computer for its updates, so the installation cancelled and I waited a bit then restarted the computer, now getting this, so maybe that first installation put some file in a weird place?

Is there any advice out there please?

I'm running win 7 64-bit (got right version!) home premium, doesn't have any other 'issues'.

Many thanks

Tobin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tc8224
in reply to: tc8224

Log file attached!

Many thanks 

Message 3 of 6
SubMerged

Hello TC,

I'm also running Window 7 Professional 64 bit and the attached PDF has screens and arrows showing how I got mine working.

BASICS

1> Make SURE you are logged in as an Administrator (see AM an Administrator.jpg)

2>  Any MS Visual C++ version NEWER than 10.0.0309 have to be Uninstalled

3>  A new folder has to be created and Permissions given to SYSTEM

Best of luck

Dan Bogges

Message 4 of 6
tc8224
in reply to: SubMerged

Oh wow that worked straight away! Get Autodesk to employ you, you were infinitely better than all of their support documents, literally, as zero of those fixed the problem and your 1 solution did. Sorry in maths mind now.

Message 5 of 6
mattghayne

I had the same exact problem and this worked perfectly! Do you know why newer versions of the C++ redistributable cause the failure?

Message 6 of 6
SubMerged

I'm really glad it worked for more than just me! After sifting through the forums and with Google the need for an easy fix was apparent so when it worked for me I documented it as I'd like to see any Tech Support do. Too often the support folk asssume we have a much greater knowledge and/or interest in the inner workings of OS digestive systems. Mostly I want to get things working and ponder why later. I did send a copy of my post to a company tech guy asking if he saw any problem. Things like hacking the registry are NOT things I'm likely to suggest - I just don;t have that level of understanding. 

I did find that the old MS Visual C++ is a problem with a number of new software - mostly 'suites', so maybe that's a clue for a good programmer to explain.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report