Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing an install and deployment for 2004

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dvansnat
176 Views, 1 Reply

Testing an install and deployment for 2004

I am currently looking into testing an install and deployment for 2004 for my users. Everyone is running and working fine on 2002, but we want to upgrade everyone to 2004.

My question is I want to install the new license manager on the same server as the old one. How is this going to effect the current one and the users attached to it.

If this deployment works, then we will use that same server as the license manager and all the users will connect to it with 2004 and possibly a few with 2002...
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: dvansnat

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:19:16 -0700, in autodesk.autocad.network
dvansnat wrote:

> I am currently looking into testing an install and deployment for 2004 for my users. Everyone is running and working fine on 2002, but we want to upgrade everyone to 2004.

My question is I want to install the new license manager on the same server as the old one. How is this going to effect the current one and the users attached to it.

If this deployment works, then we will use that same server as the license manager and all the users will connect to it with 2004 and possibly a few with 2002...

I have been running 2004 licenses of Map, LD and CD concurrently with
2002 licenses for about a month now for testing. I haven't had any
problems serving licenses from the combined license pool, but because
the options file is associated with specific features, my license
reservations are not functioning as they should. I would suggest that
it would not be much fun trying to manage a network with multiple
versions of the same licenses. As soon as I'm done deploying, I'll be
happy to take off the 2002 licenses.

Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report