Installation & Licensing

Reply
*Anders
Message 1 of 6 (104 Views)

Switcher for AIS??

104 Views, 5 Replies
10-14-2002 04:37 PM
Hi, does the License Configuration Switcher also support the Inventor Series package, so
floating licenses can be converted to standalone licences, where I than can use Portable
License Utility?

In a document I could read that this is possible for AutoCAD 2002, but is it also possible for
the full Inventor Series package??

regards Anders
*milana, jerry
Message 2 of 6 (104 Views)

Re: Switcher for AIS??

10-15-2002 06:25 AM in reply to: *Anders
Anders,

Sorry but the Switcher is not available for Inventor.

Jerry Milana
Autodesk Professional Services


"Anders" wrote in message
news:MPG.1815e44412999c949896c5@discussion.autodesk.com...
>
> Hi, does the License Configuration Switcher also support the Inventor
Series package, so
> floating licenses can be converted to standalone licences, where I than
can use Portable
> License Utility?
>
> In a document I could read that this is possible for AutoCAD 2002, but is
it also possible for
> the full Inventor Series package??
>
> regards Anders
Contributor Cy
Contributor
Posts: 25
Registered: ‎04-28-2003
Message 3 of 6 (104 Views)

Re: Switcher for AIS??

10-15-2002 06:45 AM in reply to: *Anders
Anders,



If the LCS doesn't come with your product, it can't be added on. Check to see if your network deployment has that option.



The LCS is available only for products that include the PLU.



--Cy--

autodesk
*Ahava, Petri
Message 4 of 6 (104 Views)

Re:

10-15-2002 10:45 PM in reply to: *Anders
Jerry,

Anders was asking about AIS. I would think that if you use the MDT 6
Switcher, register with a SLM license and move the license to another
workstation with the whole AIS package installed, it will also move the
Inventor License? Only one authorization is needed for the Series install so
one would think that moving the AIs license with the MDT PLU would suffice
for both? Please let me know if I'm wrong! Tried reading the documentation
and was kindof surprised to find that you were correct about the swither
thing! What will happen if you switch the MDT part of AIS to single,
register it with a single user serialnr and then move the license to another
single user AIS workstation? Will the Inventor on the new station work? Will
the one on the 1st station use a single license or keep looking for the
license from the network?

More to the point, if you talk about a single user (SLM) license of AIS, can
you use the PLU to move the license to another workstaion (Both MDT and
Inv.?)

Or is it just that the Inventor must be reinstalled if moving a workstation
from NLS to SLM license?

Can you please draw us a flowchart covering the mixed scenario:

NLM AIS to SLM
SLM move using PLU

Please,

Petri

"Cy" wrote in message news:f1184d3.1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Anders,
>
> If the LCS doesn't come with your product, it can't be added on. Check to
see if your network deployment has that option.
>
> The LCS is available only for products that include the PLU.
>
> --Cy--
> autodesk
*Ahava, Petri
Message 5 of 6 (104 Views)

Re:

10-16-2002 04:05 AM in reply to: *Anders
Once you start,maybe the same for the MAP Series (5 and 6!)

/Petri

"Petri Ahava" wrote in message
news:9595860DF59A5ADFAC68E6CED9721BDF@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Jerry,
>
> Anders was asking about AIS. I would think that if you use the MDT 6
> Switcher, register with a SLM license and move the license to another
> workstation with the whole AIS package installed, it will also move the
> Inventor License? Only one authorization is needed for the Series install
so
> one would think that moving the AIs license with the MDT PLU would suffice
> for both? Please let me know if I'm wrong! Tried reading the documentation
> and was kindof surprised to find that you were correct about the swither
> thing! What will happen if you switch the MDT part of AIS to single,
> register it with a single user serialnr and then move the license to
another
> single user AIS workstation? Will the Inventor on the new station work?
Will
> the one on the 1st station use a single license or keep looking for the
> license from the network?
>
> More to the point, if you talk about a single user (SLM) license of AIS,
can
> you use the PLU to move the license to another workstaion (Both MDT and
> Inv.?)
>
> Or is it just that the Inventor must be reinstalled if moving a
workstation
> from NLS to SLM license?
>
> Can you please draw us a flowchart covering the mixed scenario:
>
> NLM AIS to SLM
> SLM move using PLU
>
> Please,
>
> Petri
>
> "Cy" wrote in message news:f1184d3.1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Anders,
> >
> > If the LCS doesn't come with your product, it can't be added on. Check
to
> see if your network deployment has that option.
> >
> > The LCS is available only for products that include the PLU.
> >
> > --Cy--
> > autodesk
>
>
*milana, jerry
Message 6 of 6 (104 Views)

Re:

10-16-2002 04:34 AM in reply to: *Anders
Petri

Your last statement is correct, you have to reinstall Inventor to switch
licensing modes. What the switched does is actually make an application
look for another type of license upon startup. So, the switcher is specific
to products. No Switcher has been offered for Inventor. So, if you have
the bundle, you can switch the MDT component but not inventor.

jerry

"Petri Ahava" wrote in message
news:9595860DF59A5ADFAC68E6CED9721BDF@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Jerry,
>
> Anders was asking about AIS. I would think that if you use the MDT 6
> Switcher, register with a SLM license and move the license to another
> workstation with the whole AIS package installed, it will also move the
> Inventor License? Only one authorization is needed for the Series install
so
> one would think that moving the AIs license with the MDT PLU would suffice
> for both? Please let me know if I'm wrong! Tried reading the documentation
> and was kindof surprised to find that you were correct about the swither
> thing! What will happen if you switch the MDT part of AIS to single,
> register it with a single user serialnr and then move the license to
another
> single user AIS workstation? Will the Inventor on the new station work?
Will
> the one on the 1st station use a single license or keep looking for the
> license from the network?
>
> More to the point, if you talk about a single user (SLM) license of AIS,
can
> you use the PLU to move the license to another workstaion (Both MDT and
> Inv.?)
>
> Or is it just that the Inventor must be reinstalled if moving a
workstation
> from NLS to SLM license?
>
> Can you please draw us a flowchart covering the mixed scenario:
>
> NLM AIS to SLM
> SLM move using PLU
>
> Please,
>
> Petri
>
> "Cy" wrote in message news:f1184d3.1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Anders,
> >
> > If the LCS doesn't come with your product, it can't be added on. Check
to
> see if your network deployment has that option.
> >
> > The LCS is available only for products that include the PLU.
> >
> > --Cy--
> > autodesk
>
>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community




Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube