Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Version - Bought from Student Store - NO SERIAL on or in box...

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
joe.k.nasser
375 Views, 11 Replies

Student Version - Bought from Student Store - NO SERIAL on or in box...

Hey guys yesterday I bought the student version of AutoCAD Ultimate 2013.  On the box I see the product code.  On the actual USB I see the MFG# which represents a similar number to the product code.

However, I do not see a SERIAL number that is all numbers anywhere.  I understand the product code is the first 5 digitst of the 15 digit product code.  However, the Delivery number does not work as the serial.  I understand I can go online and download and get a free serial and product code.

However,  I installed using the USB from the box, and I DO NOT SEE ANYWHERE a serial.

So for students that buy the box from the store where is the serial supposed to be???? Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: joe.k.nasser

The student version is free.  Go download and claim your serial number here:

http://students.autodesk.com/

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12
joe.k.nasser
in reply to: TravisNave

This version of AutoCAD I got from the student store and paid 150$.  What is the difference?  Also there was 1 piece of paper inside the box that told me to go to www.identit-e.com/autodesk

and use my card to get my serial number.  I have to send in a copy of my student id and transcript

why do i have to do all of this to get the AutoCAD Design Suite Ultimate 2013?  I believe this package includes everything?  But if everything is free and available for students to download

What is the difference in my version?  Thanks!

Message 4 of 12
DarrenP

they have to verify that you are indeed a student

who did you buy it from?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
joe.k.nasser

I understand that is a very thorough check and necessary.  But if people are downloading from the website for free and I pay $150 from my computer store on campus for AutoCAD Design Suite Ultimate 2013.  What am I really paying for?  What is the benefit or difference from what I puchased at my campus store and what is available online?  

When I installed this from the USB I installed a lot of products...Anyways would like to know the benefit of purchasing and having to register through the site when everybody can just come on to the education center download a copy and have a working serial and product number...

Message 6 of 12
DarrenP

@joe.k.nasser wrote:

So for students that buy the box from the store where is the serial supposed to be???? Thanks in advance

you would have to ask the store that question

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
joe.k.nasser

I am a University of Houston student and bought it from http://www.cougarbyte.com/

Which is our campus' computer store...It is on campus and has student versions of everything...

Message 8 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

the paid student license don't expire

where the free ones do

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
philip.s
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Joe,

The main differences between the purchased educational suites and free student licenses via the Education Community are: suite licenses are perpetual, don't produce a watermark when publishing, and are upgradeable whereas, student licenses are termed (currently 3 years), produce watermarks on certain products, and are not upgradeable.

For a complete comparison matrix, please review this Student Suite FAQ.

Message 10 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: philip.s

well there you go that explains the difference

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
joe.k.nasser

I believe my version is good for 3 years.  How long is the online student version good for?

Message 12 of 12
philip.s

Hey Joe,

As previously mentioned, the purchased student suite licenses do not expire, whereas the free online licenses are currently termed for 3 years.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions, concerns or issues!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report