Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Licensing (Deactivation)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1754 Views, 5 Replies

Student Licensing (Deactivation)

I installed the student version, activated the license. Then was given the faculty serial code to use to activate the same application. How do I enter that new code? Do I deactivate it or uninstall the entire program to do this?

Its not clear in the instructions how or if this can be done.

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi jonnynitro,

If you are installing the same Product and Version on the same machine, then there's a need to uninstall the Student Version. Click here for details.

Once done, then you can proceed in downloading, installing and activating the EDU License you purchased. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

That's great. But those instructions were for Windows. How do I do it on Mac OS ?
Message 4 of 6
philip.s

Hi John,

Most Autodesk software can be uninstalled on a Mac by simply dragging and dropping the application in the trash. You mentioned receiving a faulty serial number. Was this from the Education Community? If so have you obtained a new / valid one?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: philip.s

No
I was given a serial number that was good, but when I register my academic status as a teacher I was given a new number and it i can't seem to upgrade it. Activate sends back invalid.
I will uninstall and redo with new serial.

Sent from the NitroPhone
Message 6 of 6
philip.s

Thanks for confirming and please let us know /  send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number + product version that you are running, if you continue to experience additional issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report