Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Softimage / Maya start-up failure_Entertainment Suite 2012

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MisterMasters
326 Views, 3 Replies

Softimage / Maya start-up failure_Entertainment Suite 2012

I have installed the Creative Suite on an Administrator Desktop and planned to use a Standard desktop to run the programs and connect to internet for safety. On the administrator desktop, all programs except for Softimage 2012 startup fine. On the standard desktop it is the same as well as Maya 2012 not initializing and my having to log-off to leave the start-up window.

HP Compaq 8200 Elite

intel core i7-2600 cpu

3.40 ghz

12GB ram

Bit

nvidia Quadro 600 - driver version 8.17.12.7614

Zonealarm Extreme Security

Microsoft Security Essentials

As for Softimage, I have tested to see if it is the current nvidia drivers are the issue by changing the "Default.xsily" layout file in a text editor and had the same results.

With Maya 2012, I"m thinking it may be an "administrator privileges" log-in hang-up because it will launch on the "admin" desktop but not the "standard" desktop.

I have also called "Installation Support" listed on the back of package and the drivers are the only explanation I have been given. Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Do you have Digital Persona installed?

If that's not it, here's some startup troubleshooting topics from the Softimage KB:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/search?la=en&siteID=123112&catID=2334116&linkID=12544120&qt=...

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 4

Hey, thanks for answering. No I don't have Digital Persona installed on this system. Additionally, It was the Softimage KB that lead me to modify the default layout to see if it was a driver issue. I also have found no answers for my Maya 2012 issue. In thinking it was an administrator desktop hang-up, I created a second admin desktop and still had no success with Maya starting up. At this point the only thing I can think of is an un-install/reinstall for both programs. Other than that I'm out of ideas.

Message 4 of 4

OK, all fixed. Found Digital Persona was installed but not listed in the "program files" or "program files(x86) folders. I got this box from an HP refurbisher and he corrected the issues for me. Thought I was crazy for a while not knowing what the hang-up was. Thanks for the effort Stephen.Blair . Much appreciation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report