Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation CFD Network License error [-96.491.0]

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
georgep
806 Views, 3 Replies

Simulation CFD Network License error [-96.491.0]

We recently acquired, and installed, Simulation Mechanical 2013 and Simulation CFD 2013 as networked licenses. While successfully able to have Simulation Mechanical acquire a network license, we have been unable to get CFD to acquire its license (error [-96.491.0]). We’ve tried the following license scenario’s:

1. Single Simulation Mechanical license loaded by lmtools – successful.
  2. Single CFD license loaded by lmtools – failed (error [-96-491.0]).
  3. Appended/Multiple license for Simulation Mechanical and CFD loaded by lmtools – Mechanical successful, CFD failed (error [-96-491.0]).

In all the above cases, lmtools (server status and debug files) have shown the licenses successfully loaded/running and available on the server. Host name and host id (MAC) of all the license files appear correct (i.e. the same). Communication through port 2080 appears good (http://computername:2080). We have tried the following suggestions, as noted on the forum, with no success:

1. Firewall ports 2080 and 27000-27009 open on all machines.
  2. CascadeInfo.cas renamed.
  3. Timeout variable increased.

Any suggestions are assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: georgep

Post your server status enquiry and debug log files.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
georgep
in reply to: TravisNave

Solution found. We had not registered and recieved the second serial numbers license file. As we received two disc packs with the same SKU (diferent serial numbers) and, when we tried to install the second pack/disk we received an already installed notice, we believed we had a duplicate shipped to us in error. However, after getting the serial number and license files for both, appending them together, we are now up and running. Our bad.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: georgep

Excellent.  That was what I wanted to verify in your logs.  Glad you got it up and running. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report