Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation 2014 CFD Product Key Mismatch?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
thomasales
1968 Views, 9 Replies

Simulation 2014 CFD Product Key Mismatch?

Hello,

Did a quick search and didn't find anything particularly relevant, so I hope i'm not reposting, but I recently tried to activate the Autodesk CFD 2014 product, it is currently failing from what seems to be a couple issues:

• The product key i've been licenced for is 811F1, but the activation software autofills with 812F1 product key and fails if I change it.
  • I seem to have downloaded "Autodesk CFD 2014 Design Study Enviroment" but have been licenced for "Autodesk CFD 2014 Motion" despite the licence and download being issued from the same link?

The link that I used for download and to get my licence is at : 
http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=download_detail_v3&product_id=11967&my_products=&first_product_type...

The system is a Windows 7 x64 machine that is fully patched. 

Any help or direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi Thomas,

From what I understand, you need Autodesk CFD 2014 Design Study Environment but then what was generated when you downloaded from the EDU site is Autodesk CFD 2014 Motion, correct?

Let me check further on this one, I will get back to you once I have the information. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 10

I think that's what's happening, yes. I've attached a screenshot of the activation screen, the product key shown is the one that the software has automatically inserted for me.

I don't actually know which CFD product I "need" but i'm trying to model the flow of glycol within a water-block for my heat transfer class.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

activator.png

Message 4 of 10
camilo.lemos
in reply to: thomasales

Hi Thomas,

We're looking into this with our Education Community team. 

Meanwhile, what happens if you try to activate using the product key the program gives you?

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 10
thomasales
in reply to: camilo.lemos

During installation the program takes the 811F1 product key and serial fine, showing check marks next to both. Once installation is complete, the activation page will not proceed past the screen posted in my earlier message. 

The error I get when trying to use the 811F1 product key+serial is:

"The product key entered is not valid. Verify and re-enter it."

Changing the product key from 811F1 to 812F1 lets me proceed to the next screen, which allows me to activate, but that  takes me to this page i've attached below.

2ndautodesk.png

Message 6 of 10
camilo.lemos

Thank you for the additional information thomasales,

We are investigating the issue and will get back to you as soon as we have a resolution.

Please use the software in trial mode for the time being.

Camilo Lemos

Message 7 of 10
thomasales
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Much thanks, I was just about to actually ask if dropping it into trial mode would have an adverse effect. Once again, I appreciate y'all being so proactive about it.

Message 8 of 10
philip.s

HI Thomas,

So we've just corrected the issue on our backend, however you won't be able to automatically activate the software using that same serial number.

With that being said, please create a new Education Community account using a different email address and obtain a new Simulation CFD serial number, of which you will be able to activate the software with.

Our apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks again for your patience / bringing this to our attention.

Message 9 of 10
thomasales
in reply to: philip.s

Is there any way I can use the 'Request a Serial" tool from within the activator to get a new key for the CFD product?

I just don't have another .edu address that I can use to activate another student account with, do you know if that is still a requirement for the 'Education Community' account?

Message 10 of 10
thomasales

So I can't find the edit button, but apparently you do not need a .edu anymore, so i've signed up for a new account and will reactivate it under that one.

Thanks again for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report