Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number not recognized

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
Anonymous
2566 Views, 27 Replies

Serial number not recognized

I have Autodesk Inventor. It was previously installed on a different computer. That computer is being repalced. When I try to reinstall Inventor it says the serial number - that appears on the screen - is no good. How do I get the program activated?

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
jcock59
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark. The prompt occurs when running Maya for the first time. I registered for my 3 year student licence for Maya 2016 a year ago. So the problem I am having is that the serial I have been given is for Maya 2016? if this is the case Is there a way to change or receive a new serial so I can make use of Maya 2017? The reason I want to change is for the Arnold renderer. 

Thanks for replying

James Ray

Message 22 of 28
Darin.Green
in reply to: jcock59

James,

You'll need to go back to the Education Community and generate a serial number for the 2017 products. Typically, they would provide new serial numbers when the newer versions of the applications are released.

You may be able to get the 2017 serial number, but logging into your Autodesk Account...

For help finding your serial number, please view the following video or use one of the links below to contact Autodesk:

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 23 of 28
jcock59
in reply to: Darin.Green

Hi Darin. I was sent a Maya 2017 serial code via email when I initially downloaded it. The problem is that when entering it in the product license activation screen it returns "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)". Also the code they provided me for Maya 2016 is Identical to the one they gave me for Maya 2017.

Thanks

James

Message 24 of 28
Darin.Green

That is correct, educational licenses will have the same serial number for all versions. However, the product keys are slightly different (Maya 2017 is 657I1 & Maya 2016 is 657H1) <- The only difference is the letter... 

Perhaps you're using the wrong Product key. Please check... Also, not sure if you chose Network or Standalone licenses, but if you're a student it would be standalone.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 25 of 28
matthew.d

Hi @jcock59,

Welcome!

The entitlement for Maya 2017 unfortunately didn't get generated for some reason. If you go into your Autodesk Account, you will see that it is not listed there. Therefore, you will need fill out the form again on the Maya education community page again to regenerate the entitlement. Sorry for the issue. 

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 26 of 28
jcock59
in reply to: matthew.d

Hi 

@Darin.Green

I did not notice that the keys were different but I checked and it seems as if I am using the correct key.

@matthew.d

It looks like the entitlement has not been generated. I completed the forms again and still no entitlement has been generated. Any recommendations as to what I can do?

Thanks

James 

Message 27 of 28
matthew.d

Hi @jcock59,

I have resynced your account, please note that this can take up to 24 hours. I have also created Request #242366 for you. The education department is going to look into your account and follow up via email. Sorry again for the trouble in creating the Maya 2017 entitlement.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 28 of 28
jcock59
in reply to: matthew.d

@matthew.d
Thank you for your help.
I must say that I am impressed at how helpfull and fast the community and
autodesk are.
Thank you
James

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report