Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
112015 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 881 of 1,174
csgilliam21
in reply to: brian.kling

I am having a problem with my serial number. Every time i give my serial number then it says its not valid. 

Message 882 of 1,174

Hi Ciera,

This is a known issue and we are currently working on the resolution. While we are looking into this please do register for a new account using a different Serial Number.

Let us know if it worked for you. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 883 of 1,174

do i need to create a new autodesk account? If so i did that and it gave me a new serial number but that one isnt working either...I have downloaded 3Ds Max from the education center but it shows on my profile that i have no downloads.Could that be because I have not yet completely registered the product?

Message 884 of 1,174

Hi Ciera,

Do send me a Private Message  (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) your new log in details (Email Address, User ID).

Upon reply I will check on it further. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 885 of 1,174

hi

i downloaded the tsplines R5 64 bit via the link to tsplines.com. where can i find the licenses code?

Message 886 of 1,174
jens.laemmle

Hello,

As i had to install Inventor 2013 the third time cause of a broken HDD, i realized the key i got only works with 2 computers?
My problem s, on my notebook i can't use Inventor that well, so i really need it running on my desktop again.

So my question, is there any possibility to get it working again?

While i've installed it the last time, i just had a 30 days trial option, which is now expired.

Sorry for my bad english and many thanks in advance!

Message 887 of 1,174
milkywaif

Hi. I can't get a serial for Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino 64-Bit. I'm getting this error:

We apologize, we are temporarily out of serial numbers for this product. You may download and install the 30 day trial version. Return to this page prior to or at the expiration of your 30 day trial to obtain your serial number for activation.

Message 888 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: milkywaif

Hi milkywaif,

We are aware of this issue and we are still on the process of getting this resolved. We will get back to you once there are any updates.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 889 of 1,174

Greetings!

After i have installed the Inventor 2014 student version, I tried to activate the license by starting Inventor and pushing the "activate" button in the startup window. But after that, the pop-up window with the "product license activating options" is just blank, as you can see below. Excatly the same with Inventor 2013. Any ideas, how to handle this issue?

Autodesk.PNG

Message 890 of 1,174
mcagriates

hi

i have autocad 2013 student and i cant activate software

when i choose "connect and activate" program give "activation limit reached" error ?

can anyone help me ?

Message 891 of 1,174

Dear Steiner.Markus.MB,

You can follow the steps provided here to resolve your blank activation screen issue.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=6404339&siteID=123112

Let us know how it works.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 892 of 1,174

Hi mcagriates:

I have tracked your serial number and I will send you the activation code though Private Message.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 893 of 1,174

hi i send messege
Message 894 of 1,174

Greetings, i am new here and i am having trouble installing the student version of Autodesk Maya 2011 (English) Mac OS X. Everytime i insert the serian number of the product on the Lincense Configuration window i'm greeted with the message "you have enterd an invalid serial number". How come, if the serial number was provided by Autodesk itself? Please help me because i don't know what to do. Thanks in advance.

Message 895 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: dantasdiogo

Hello Diogo,

Can you please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number or contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

Message 896 of 1,174
dantasdiogo
in reply to: philip.s

Good day Mr. Philip.

I finally managed to install my copy of Maya. I didn´t know i had to install the software in trial mode prior to going through the activation process. Now Maya runs on my computer smoothly.

Anyway thank you very much for your assistance!!

Message 897 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: dantasdiogo

You're very welcome and thanks for following up Diogo!

Message 898 of 1,174
cgill59

Hey,

I installed maya 2014 when it first came out on my linux computer running Fedora 18 and activated it with my student license. Since then I have upgraded to Fedora 19 and it has been working fine. Now I have replaced my motherboard and cpu in my computer and maya says there is a license error and asks me to repair it. Every other component in the machine is the same.

After clicking repair I choose "Connect now and activate." and press next. Then it comes up with "The request code you entered is not valid. Try again (Error 3)" 

I was enjoying being able to use my student license on linux.

How do I fix this problem?

Thanks,

Colin Gillespie

Message 899 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: cgill59

Hi Colin,

Everytime you make changes to your machine like changing the hard drive, motherboard etc. there would be a need to re-install the License and generate a new Activation Code.

To do so, you can directly contact our Registration and Activation team or reply back to via Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Request Code

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 900 of 1,174
cgill59
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

I know a lot of people have had trouble finding the USRegInfo.html file on linux operating systems. I found mine in "/tmp/MAYA2014en_USRegInfo.html" if that helps anyone else.

Anyway in this file the "request code" section points to an xml file "MAYA2014en_USLongCode.xml". There are a number of fields in this file that could be the request code. I am not sure which one. Some of the names include; "MachineIdentifier", "TSSN", "OriginalMachineIdentifier", and "Hash". Do you know which one is the request code? or can I just send you the whole file?

Thanks,
Colin Gillespie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report