Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
112004 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 701 of 1,174

Hello Philip, Here is my activation code: Serial Number:xxx-xxxxxxxxx Product Key: 777D1 It would be great if you could help me with a code that works. Best Regards Anders

Message 702 of 1,174

Hi Anders, 

I have removed your serial number from your post as posting this kind of information on public forums can compromise your account's security.

Looking at your activations, it seems that you were able to activate your product after posting on this thread. Could you please confirm that your product has been activated and that you are now able to use it normally?

Thank you:)

Camilo Lemos

Message 703 of 1,174
wcrust
in reply to: brian.kling

I am student, recieved conformation Email with serial # & product key codes.........

worked on 2012 virsion,, however trying to use the 2013 virsion  key code wont work,,,  same as in Email* copy pasted them....  please help fix, resubmit a key code or sumething...

Thank you..

Message 704 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: wcrust

Hi William,

Activation Codes for 2012 cannot be used for 2013 Serial Numbers and vise versa. Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 705 of 1,174
wcrust
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

I will try shortly, If this other download doesn't work.. I understand its different key codes, just that the code issued via Email wasn't working, , Was just Issued new codes when logged back Into the link students.autodesk.. Thank you for the reply .. Sent from Windows Mail
Message 706 of 1,174
dedharmin

i cant install revit architecture in my sytem,the istallation log file says:

2012/11/30:04:17:15 Dhruv.b3 DHARMIN Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86): C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Revit_Architecture_2012_English_Win_32-64bit\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2010\vcredist_x86.exe /q /l C:\Users\Dhruv.b3\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_2010.log
2012/11/30:04:17:18 Dhruv.b3 DHARMIN Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

please help me with this problem

Message 707 of 1,174
jk.4619

i am download auto cad 2010 from your site . i am intall this software in 2 -3 computers now this is not working.

my serial number is xxx-xxxxxxxxx and key 001B1 . so please give me some help for install this.

Message 708 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: jk.4619

Hi jk.4619 and welcome to the forums.

I have removed your serial number from your message. Please, do not post your serial number or other sensitive information on this public forum in the future:)

Can you give us more details into the problem you are having? Are you getting any error messages? 

The more specifc you can be, the better.

Regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 709 of 1,174
jk.4619
in reply to: perandersholmberg

my software is not install position because this is install many computer by me.

Message 710 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: jk.4619

Hi jk.4619,

I have sent you an activation code via private message here on the forums that will enable you to activate AutoCAD 2010. However, I would like to remind you that your Autodesk product cannot legally be used on more than one computer at a time. 

Let me know if you have any questions:)

Regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 711 of 1,174
chi1889

hi. i've already install autocad 2007 i have my serial # i've follwed the steps to get activation code but it says that my serial # is invalid. Please help me to get my activation code. thankyou.now i have 30days remaining ....

Message 712 of 1,174
A.Hayter11
in reply to: chi1889

Hi, same problem for me unfortunately with AutoCAD 2012 for Mac. I keep re-downloading it in order to receive a new product key and code to try but each time the same error appears. The help link on your site also takes you to the wrong page. "Important: AutoCAD for Mac users may experience an “Invalid Serial Number or Product Key” error message when trying to install. Please read about the associated workaround here." However, clicking on the link is no help.

Message 713 of 1,174
wcrust
in reply to: A.Hayter11

I had to update hardware, went and gotten a 64bit drive, and running version CAD 2013,,, Still has few flaws, but I think that may-be on my part learning new system & formats.. Just if I can learn the system and save workbook... Have already gotten 8 chapters behind,, Sent from Windows Mail
Message 714 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: chi1889

Hi Ryuichi,

Can you please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number + product request code?

For future reference, I wanted to point out that you can also contact our License Assitance team directly.

Message 715 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: A.Hayter11

Our apologies for the inconvenience Adele and thanks for pointing that out.

This may be caused by a known issue with the 900- student serial number and the AutoCAD for Mac 2012 software which was resolved in the most current software build.

Can you please install the software in trial mode and then proceed with the standard activation process when opening the program / given the open to activate or continue using the trial and let us know if it gets around the invalid serial number issue?

Message 716 of 1,174
isunshineray
in reply to: philip.s

Hi AutoCAD friends,
I installed trial version of AutoCAD - 2010 software and now I am trying install the same version for students. But I have no success. Firstly, I deleted a trial version but...there something got in wrong way. Now when I pack out my student version a computer say that AutoCAD exists. But I have nothing files with "acad", "autocad" or "autodesk" mark. I used computer explorer and CCleaner to found something on this request ....nothing. Please, advice me, what should I do?

P.S. Also student version proposed to reinstall current version ("It seems that yours version installed uncorrectly. Do you want to reinstall it?") but in opened window I have no choice.

-----

Thank you in advance, Iryna.

Message 717 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: isunshineray

Hello Iryna,

I wanted to point out that the commercial, trail, and student versions of all of our programs contain exactly the same software, but is dictated by the license type once activated. For example, you can activate the trial software with either a commercial or educational serial number.

With that being said, I would recommend following our clean uninstall procedure and or run Microsoft Fix-it to clear up the "already installed" error.

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Message 718 of 1,174
isunshineray
in reply to: philip.s

Philip.s, thank you for answer! The variant with  Microsoft Fix-it was successful.

Message 719 of 1,174
jbamonte

How can I download on my Mac?  It gives me a serial number and has no where to click to actually download the software.  Someone please help me out.

Message 720 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: jbamonte

My apologies for the inconvenience Joe.

Confirming that the missing download buttons have been restored and you can now again enjoy your full Education Community benefits.

Thank you very much for your patience and please let us know if any additional questions, concerns or issues arise.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report