Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STARTUP ERROR: 3DS MAX APPLICATION HAS STOPPED WORKING

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tmward
4786 Views, 2 Replies

STARTUP ERROR: 3DS MAX APPLICATION HAS STOPPED WORKING

I've recently tried to start 3DS MAX and I get the following error:

3DS MAX APPLICATION HAS STOPPED WORKING. A problem caused the ogram to stop working correctly. Windows will now close the program (SEE SCREENSHOT) The program startup screen then closes.

I have tried re-installing the programming but to no avail. Help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nonlinearcreative
in reply to: tmward

Were you ever able to find a solution to this problem?  The same thing has happened to me and it couldn't be at a worse time.  This has happened once before (also at a very critical time) and the solution was for Autodesk to basically blow away my old serial number and product key, then assign me new ones.

I hope that this doesn't keep happening every 3 or 4 months.  It's kind of a deal-breaker...

Message 3 of 3

This seems to be similiar to our case: re-installing is not helping. Same error. The application crashes just before it starts to draw the viewport graphics (grid lines). In that respect it might refer to some kind of graphics problem, but if the replaced serials helped, then we are a bit puzzled. We run floating network licenses.

BR Tomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report