Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
RobertBPrice
290 Views, 4 Replies

START IN TEMPLATE

I want 2013 to start using my template so I added the link to the template file to the "Start In"  file of the Properties using  -    C:\ENGINEERING\AGM\AGM 3D TEMPLATE 1 .DWT but that does not seem to work.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Bob Price

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: RobertBPrice

"Start In" is a folder location, you appear to want "Start WIth" which is not there. 

Look up the topic "About Customizing Startup" in 2013's help, or use this link for the correct procedure (hint: \t option):

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/online-help/search#WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4a30acaf-79ba...

Message 3 of 5
RobertBPrice
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the prompt reply - I thought I had the string starting with a file location - i.e. C:/Engineering/AGM Are you saying that I need to add the /t at the end of the string?
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: RobertBPrice

Are you trying to avoid looking it up in HELP in 2013, or were the instructions not clear? Help me understand your follow-up query.

If you did not get a chance to look at it, HELP suggests:

To Start the Program With a Command Line Switch
1.Right-click the program icon on the Windows desktop and select Properties.
2.In the product's Properties dialog box, Shortcut tab, in the Target box, append the parameters for the switch using the following syntax:
"drive:pathname/[product].exe/" ["drawing name"] [/switch "name"]

This should translate to something like:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\acad.exe" /t "YourDrive:\YourFolder\YourTemplateFileName"

Notice that nothing is being edited in the "Start In" line.

Message 5 of 5
RobertBPrice
in reply to: pendean

Nope - not trying to be thick about this but I have laboriously attempted to get the string typed in correctly several times and had nosuccess. My wife is pestering me to come eat dinnerso I will try again in an hour. Thanks very much for the help. Bob Price

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report