Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit LT Tutorial files

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
GilpinArchitect
1208 Views, 9 Replies

Revit LT Tutorial files

I am trying out LT before buying. I can not begin the Part 2 'Creating Walls' exercise as I can't open the tutorial file. I can download it, but when it opens, it does NOT have the letters and numbers on the plan sheet to follow.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
david.lau
in reply to: GilpinArchitect

Are you able to try to repair and reinstall the program?  

Go here: Start > Control Panel > Programs & Features > Revit LT > Reinstall.

David Lau
Message 3 of 10
GilpinArchitect
in reply to: david.lau

No. I installed the Revit LT 30 day trial yesterday. Got through the first tutorial session (Creating a project/adding levels), and want to go to the next session. Tried to open the file that is listed, and nothing happened. Then I saved the file andtired to open it. Nothing. Tried again (download and open), and the file did open, but the numbered/letter sequences that are to be on the Foundation plan are not there.

Message 4 of 10
GilpinArchitect

David: When I go throught eh sequence you outlined above, I only get the 'Uninstall/Change' tab. No Reinstall or Repair.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 10
david.lau

Change - > Is there an option to install the Tutorial files?

David Lau
Message 6 of 10
GilpinArchitect

No. If I click 'Uninstall/Change', the only message that comes up is to confirm removing Revit LT.

Message 7 of 10
david.lau

Can you post a picture (screen capture) of the project browser?

David Lau
Message 8 of 10
GilpinArchitect

I don't know how to do a screen capture. Also, what screen would you want to capture?

I think that I will uninstall Revit LT, and then reinstall it to see if that makes any difference. There might have been some issue in the downloading, unpackaging, and installing, even though I have cable internet service.

Message 9 of 10

I am having the same issue. The project file GSG_02_create_walls.rvt does not contain the markers for wall boundries.

I downloaded the GSG_02_complete - and it has them but it is also _ complete. Was this discussion thread ever resolved?  Thank you.

Message 10 of 10

I was told to just make a footprint that has the rough outline of the
proposed building.

W. Douglas Gilpin, Jr. FAIA

W. Douglas Gilpin, Jr. FAIA - Architect, PLC
1665 Brandywine Drive
Charlottesville, Virginia
22901-2801

T: 434-960-4036

GilpinArchitect.com
www.facebook.com/gilpinarchitect

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report