Installation & Licensing

Message 11 of 11 (154 Views)

Re: Revit Architrecture 2012 Error 1603 and 1619

04-16-2013 01:26 PM in reply to: tony.michniewicz

If anyone is still having this problem, I now know that it has to be dealt with very systematically because - maybe I'm slow, but my steps outlined below worked for me - Eureka! -

Tony, prior to receiving your last posting these were the steps I took.

1. read nearly everyone elses post and went to posted links associated with this error 
  2.  deleted every single .tmp file, one was locked - I don't know why because I am the administrator, it was w/ Bit Defender so I think it is okay
  3. I went to every nook and cranny that Autodesk downloads its files. I had a trial version of ACAD 2012 (prior to this multi attempt download of Revit) - so I got  rid of everything - I'm sure the majority on this site understands, that just uninstalling the program via the control panel doesn't mean all its tentacles are gone! :smileyhappy:
  4. I took my last error log file and had it opened along side the control panel programs (Install/Uninstall). Everywhere the log had a failure after a Microsoft Visual C ++ file, I deleted that specific file.
  5. Shut down. Re-booted. Turned off all Anti-virus applications

So in the end even the even the Autodesk Design portion did instal!

It is simply unfortunate over the course of the past two days, I spent nearly 14 hours trying to resolve the issues. I hope the steps above help others too.

Thank you for your patience - I'm out of your hair!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube