Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture Suite Network License Problems (1.1.1, 1.5.-5)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
260 Views, 0 Replies

Revit Architecture Suite Network License Problems (1.1.1, 1.5.-5)

Hi,

we got massive problems with our network licenses. We have a network license for 2 seats of Revit Architecture Suite (we got the licenses since Revit 8.0). We have a Windows 2000 Professional box which acts as file- and licenseserver and we are trying to connect 4 machines (not contemporaneously of course) with the server: 2x Windows 2000 Professional, 1x Windows XP Professional 32-bit and 1x Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

First problem:
The Windows 2000 and XP machines are able to connect to the license server and get their license (network, commercial, permanent - don't know if it is translated correctly as we have a german version). However, when trying to render, we can only use "Draft" as quality setting. When clicking on the combobox there appears only a small black line under the combobox (see attached screenshot). This happens on 3 different machines with completely different hardware. This happens even on fresh installs of Windows and Revit. We tried a fresh install of Revit with a borrowed standalone license and there rendering works normally and we got all options.
When trying to switch a Revit installation which is setup to use the network license to standalone, we get two error messages: first a message concerning "GetNativeSystemInfo" in kernel32.dll and then the license error with code 1.1.1 (see screenshots; it's in german but you should get the point). This happens on all 3 machines.

Second problem:
The Vista 64-Bit system can't connect to the license server at all. It returns an error code. I'm not 100% sure but I think it was 1.5.-5 (can't test it right now), however I looked it up and it means that no valid license can be obtained from the license server. But it can, as the 2000&XP machines prove. The copy on the vista machine is exactly the same copy of Revit Architecture installed from the same DVD as the other machines.

So, we would appreciate any help to get our office up and running. It's quite frustrating at the moment. We even tried to use a new license file by creating a new one with the Network License Activation Utility. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks and regards,
Mathias
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report