Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2012 won't complete installation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
v12marer
1782 Views, 5 Replies

Revit Architecture 2012 won't complete installation

This is the first time for me installing an Autodesk product and Revit Architecture 2012 won't finish installing, it gets stuck and no matter how long I leave it (I'm aware it might take a while) it won't keep loading...

As far as I can see there aren't any part of the product that have loaded onto my laptop and might disturb the installation...

I'm not that experienced in this sort of thing so I'm happy for any help I can get.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: v12marer

Make sure that you are installing as Administrator, UAC is off, and anti-virus is disabled.  You might have better luck installing as a different user with local admin rights.  Also, if you are installing off of media, consider copying it to a folder on your hard drive and installing from there as if it were a downloaded version.  And if it still takes a long time but doesn't fail, you might just let it run all night to see if it comes out of it.  😉

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
v12marer

I removed the firewall and used Explorer instead of Google Chrome and it worked!

Downloading and first installation went smooth, but now I get the following message:

Error 1935.An error occured during the installation of assembly ‘Microsoft.V90.MFC,version=”9.0.30729.177”, publicKeyToken=”1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b”,processorArchitecture=”x86”,typ=”win32”‘. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070091.

What to do?

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

That's a problem with Microsoft Visual C++.  Check your Control Panel for installed versions and remove them.  The error happens because you are trying to install an older version than what is already installed.  Removing it should resolve the issue.  Then you can just let Windows Update take care of the rest afterwards. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
v12marer

I removed all the Microsof Visual C++ and ran the installation again, after a while it gave the same message and as I checked the Control panel there were 4 new Microsof Visual C++:s from 2005, 2008(x2) and 2010 that were installed on todays date, which I guess means that it's the Revit installation that installs them?

What can I do about it?

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Well, in that case, you can modify the setup.ini file and remove the prerequisite checks for those programs.  Save.  Reinstall. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report