Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Background Behind Ribbon And UI Elements?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1240 Views, 2 Replies

Red Background Behind Ribbon And UI Elements?

I just installed Autocad LT 2011 in VMWare Fusion 3.1.3 (latest version ) running Windows XP on OS X Lion 10.7.1. The user interface (ribbon and menus) have a bright red background that makes the program essentially unusable. (See below).

Screen Shot 2011-08-29 at 3.25.01 PM.png

I've updated Autocad LT to Update 2 and have completely removed and reinstalled Autocad LT, all to no avail. I had Autocad LT 2011 running in the same version of Windows XP under VMWare Fusion 3.1.3 on OS X 10.6 on my prior laptop without problems.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

A follow-up to my own message...

It turns out that disabling 3D Acceleration in VMWare's settings makes this problem go away.Screen Shot 2011-08-29 at 5.29.39 PM.png

I'm not sure why I'd need to disable 3D acceleration but hopefully a future VMWare update will fix this problem.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you very much good sir. Had the same problem with Inventor after updating to lion. Switching of the 3d acceleration fixed it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report