Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reclaiming Borrowed Licenses

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cannarella
587 Views, 3 Replies

Reclaiming Borrowed Licenses

Is there a way to reclaim borrowed licenses from a users that refuse to check their licenses back in when they don't need to be checked out?  We have a set of users that borrow for 6 months at a time because we ran out of licenses once and to avoid that the borrow even when they are on the network.  When they are in the office online they take up 2 licenses because they have the borrowed one and ther network one that is grabbed when they are on the network.  I have created an option file limit the borrow to 2 weeks.  Debating on not letting them be able to borrow at all, but I can't do any of this until they check back in.  I need a way to revoke their borrowed license.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: cannarella

Officially, there is no "supported" method to do this.  I would definitely recommend that you put the borrow hours option in place along with probably a limit to how many seats of the product can be borrowed.  You can click my Options file link in my signature for everything you need.  In the mean-time, use the chain of command to ensure the users are doing as expected. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
cannarella
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks, silo city here.  Would have to go up pretty high to get back down to them.  

What is somoene checked out a file for 6 months and in a week their PC crashes or is stolen.  You have to wait the rest of that term to free up the license?  I can see a good business case to support that option.

Message 4 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: cannarella

yes you would have to wait out the borrow period

thats why it is recommended to create an options file like Travis said to put restrictions on your users

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report