Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014 x64 installation crash

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Geveke
926 Views, 6 Replies

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014 x64 installation crash

I downloaded PDSU 2014 from the subscription center, but when installing the suite (custom install) the installation crashes with a blue screen, after which the computer reboots, telling me the last session of Windows (7 Ultimate x64) did not end properly and ask me which startup i prefer.

When rebooted, i see the list of programs i wanted to install in "all programs" but the programs do not work.

I've done the setup 3x now, every time the same problem occurs.

Anyone who has a solution? (or faced the same problem)

Arien

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: Geveke

blue screens are hardware or driver related start there

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Geveke

Strange, never ever had bluescreens in Windows 7, neither has my hardware changed lately.

i recently installed other Autodesk based software, which went fine.

So where to start searching?

Message 4 of 7
DarrenP

start here: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2026248/can-a-bsod-hurt-my-computer-.html

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
AhmetSevik

But, on Autodesk page Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014 is not relase yet i think. 

lookign so;

Note: Autodesk® Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014 software will be available soon. But you can try Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013 now (may not include all of the software listed above).

Are you sure that you have Release 2014?

Message 6 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: AhmetSevik

its out for subscription customers

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Geveke

I've managed to solve the problem !!

After looking into the log files in order to find a cause for the BSOD (which showed me nothing that helped me furrther) i downloaded Slimdrivers and had my system scanned for ' out-of-date'  drivers; The result was a massive list of 29 drivers that where at least not up to date.

I had them all updated, 1 at a time with a backup and a restart after each install.

The (Autodesk) recommended driver for my Nvidia Quadro 5000 appeared to be the reason for the BSOD.

After updating this driver i was able to install PDS Ultimate 2014 without any problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report