Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems receiving activation emails - technical details needed

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Trond.Faculty.Endrestol
486 Views, 6 Replies

Problems receiving activation emails - technical details needed

Hi,

My students are not receiving activation emails despite their best effort. We have verified our students email addresses and are making sure our students enter their addresses exactly as instructed. However, we never see any activity in the mail server logs. The same mail server is used for both faculty and students, smtp.****skolen.gjovik.no, and our users receive and send other mail without any problems.

Can you provide any technical details enabling me to track down the problem with Autodesk's mail servers? You may send such information directly to me: Trond.Endrestol@****skolen.gjovik.no .

What email servers are used when delivering the activation emails? Host names as registered in DNS and their IP addresses would be helpful.

If possible, talking to (emailing) someone from your technical staff will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Trond Endrestøl,

System administrator,

Gjøvik Technical College,

Gjøvik, Norway.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Trond,

I've forwarded your request onto the Education Community web vendor for server information / clarification.

In the mean time, students not receiving the activation email can contact us directly via http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=problem_form for manual account activation.

Message 3 of 7

Trond,

Following up from my earlier post, we searched for the skolen.gjovik.no string in our email bounce list and it came back with no results. Our team recommends that the sysadmin whitelist both sendgrid.net and dcheetahmail.com as a potential fix.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue and or if you have any additional questions.

Message 4 of 7

Sadly, your forum software censors email addresses. Our email suffix is:

f a g s k o l e n [dot] g j o v i k [dot] n o

Please run your search again.

Message 5 of 7

Hi Trond,

If you can Private Message me the email address/email addresses, that would help a lot in resolving this issue.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 6 of 7

Hi there,

I too have been experiencing problems receiving the activation email despite verifying my email and resending the activation email multiple times.

I did attempt to follow the instrustion you left for another user about filling in he problem form to have my account manually activated, however upon successfully filling the form the "submit" button is completely inactive. Hence, I cannot have my 'problem form' submitted.

Please help me resolve.

Kind Regards

Message 7 of 7
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: riamonty

Hi riamonty,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with the email address and User ID you used when you registered. I was not able to pull up any information from our system using the User ID and email address associated to this post.

Joane Bonghanoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report