Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Combining Network Licenses

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ken.aaro
695 Views, 7 Replies

Problems Combining Network Licenses

Have 2 copies of Revit Suite Premium, both network, I have both license files but regardless of how I combine them I cannot make the system work for 2 users concurrent, we have the licenses but obviously combining them isnt the only thing that has to be done, have looked tha the tutorial but it doesnt work, only of of 2 of the licenses gets issued.

Please help, getting some grumpy people who cant use thier paid for products, and this is too expensive to have it sit around unused!

Thanks for your help in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: ken.aaro

were both license files generated the same day?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
philip.s
in reply to: DarrenP

If they weren't, please either contact our License Assistance team, or send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the serial numbers, server name, and host ID.

Message 4 of 8
emily.xu

Can this solution solve your problem?

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 5 of 8
TravisNave

Everything you can possibly want to know on doing this can be found here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 8
ken.aaro
in reply to: TravisNave

I got the one issue resolved, but I do have another question if someone can answer it. I have two licenses for Revit Building Suite Premium 2013, the customer wants to get subscriptions for both licenses but wants to wait another 30 to 60 days before purchase to keep cashflow in line. I don't want to miss the deadline for purchasing subscriptions because a new version comes out, god knows we cannot afford to buy new licenses. Please let me know if you can when the expiration date for subscriptions is. Both products have been purchased in the last 90 days. k.
Message 7 of 8
ken.aaro
in reply to: DarrenP

No they were granted about 40 days apart, first in November last in December I have combined the files, but only one of the licenses will ever check out. Whenever the second user tries to launch it gives him a no go, no licenses available.
Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

To properly combine similar licenses, you must have both licenses regenerated on the same date.  Otherwise, the newest license wins and the older one is ignored.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report