Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Installing AutoCad 2013 through Design Suite Ultimate

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
abraxuss
1047 Views, 4 Replies

Problem Installing AutoCad 2013 through Design Suite Ultimate

I have recently purchased the Autodesk Design Suite Ultimate 2013 education version.

All other programs have installed and is working except the Autocad 2013.

The actual program folder of Autocad 2013 has only 2 folders (help, support) and 3 files (Aecib, AeciMgdApi56.dll, AeciRibbon56.dll) in it. I cannot find the application file anywhere. 

I installed with a usb drive.

I tried uninstalling and reintalling the whole thing but still has the same problem.

Please let me know how I can fix this or if it is possible to download just the AutoCAD 2013 online.

Thank you.

Yehre

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
utamaverick2004
in reply to: abraxuss

I'm having a similar problem with the Autocad Building Design Suite Ultimate 2013 Educational Version.

When the USB drive mounts and I launch the setup program I get the install menu, the program goes off and does some checking, starts trying to copy files to a temp folder on the hard drive, then a dialog box pops up under the install screen with the message that the installer is has falled the copy function, some files were not found or could not be transfered...

I'm guessing the USB stick is corrupted, missing install files, has a set of bad scripts or a combination of all these. I sent the automatic failure message to Autodesk with my suspicions. Maybe its a BAD BATCH of flash drives from the mfg? Compatibility with some PC's.

I even went so far as to remove all anti-virus software, retry, NO LUCK, then did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 with all the updates, retry, STILL NO LUCK, so I'm betting it's the USB stick that's the problem. Essentially I gave it a virgin OS to do the install onto and it still fails.

Hope my replacement makes it before I need any of this for any projects, but for now I've got another PC with IMSI 3D CAD that I can use in the meantime and it takes a lot less in the way of resources. Autocad has been nothing but a headache so far, but I expected a slight learning curve, just NOT A LEARNING TO INSTALL CURVE.

It's not the first time I've installed software and not the first time it's been off a flash drive. So it shouldn;t be this hard. Has to be defective product code or media.

Message 3 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: utamaverick2004

First off I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience Henry. It definitely sounds like the media that you received is defective in some, way shape or form. Do you need any assistance with or have you already initiated the replacement order? Would you like us to provide you with temporary download links that you can utilize in the mean time to get up and running as apposed to waiting for the shipment?

Message 4 of 5
utamaverick2004
in reply to: philip.s

I have not initiated a return... Should I contact Educorp? Should I go though AutoDesk? I just recently signed up for an account on the website, made my first post. What do you need me to do? Do I send the USB stick to Educorp? AutoDesk? I do think it's the USB media, since I'm on a new PC with clean OS 7 64bit and a fair amountof memory and the test specs I'm getting are in 6's and 7's except for my video card which is mid 5's, the lowest of the test measurements. Far better that my other PC so it's got a far amount of power to do the job. Henry
Message 5 of 5

Hi utamaverick2004:

Please send your Serial Number through private message  (click on my arlinpega.bibat profile name and then “Send this user a private message”). I will need to check our record and provide you with the best possible option. I have generated the following links you may use to download. The links are valid for 5 days only. If you run into any issues, feel free to let us know.

Autodesk_Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_2013, Part 1

Autodesk_Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_2013, Part 2

Autodesk_Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_2013, Part 3

Autodesk_Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_2013, Part 4

Autodesk_Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_2013, Part 5

Autodesk_Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_2013, Part 6

Now, prior to download, please be reminded to check your system for and disable any of the following:

# Firewall - These are designed to stop downloads from non-approved sites.

# Anti-Virus Programs - These will try to stop or scan a download. It may cause the download to be corrupt or damaged.

# Download Monitors - Programs such as GoZilla! and NetZip are not compatible with our server and will sometimes block or stop downloads.

# Screen Savers - In some instances, screen savers can interfere with the download process. If you have a screen saver that is starting while you are downloading, please disable it temporarily until your download is complete.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report