My additions to this problem.
1. The system is a client/server with MS Back office 4.5
2. The Clients are all NT 4 with SP 4 thru 6
3. The files are residing on the server. The large file is 8mb.
4. When you open it through explorer ( double click) Some clients take along
time. When you look at the network hub
there is alot of activity between the Server and client, but no network
5. When you open the file within ACAD R14 there is no problem.
"wmealhouse" wrote in message
> When opening a large autocad fiel from within Windows NT Explorer the
software will or take up to 10 minutes to open up. When opening the file
from within autocad 14 the file opens with out a problem. I have tried many
options from the networking and hardware side, but it is only two computers
that are having this issue.