Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Valid License Error [0.0.0] followed by License checkout Error 20

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
PietMoen1594
7241 Views, 7 Replies

No Valid License Error [0.0.0] followed by License checkout Error 20

Hi,

I've tried various resolutions found here on the forums but none have made a difference:

License server is hosted on a Windows Server 2008 R2 x64

License file has license for AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2013 and Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2013 combined as I've always done in a single license file.

From two different pc's running Win 7 x64 I get the same issue:

AutoCAD 2013 runs fine with no issue

Max Design 2013 gives an error [0.0.0] followed by Error 20.

Below is my list of info.

Any ideas?

1. Deleted the cas file in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm
  2. Theres still the following folders and files in the above directory: ASR. R5 and productInformation.pit
  3. Ping to the license server gives me IPv4 address although the server also runs IPv6
  4. I've re-requested the license files for both The Revit Suite and Max 2013 with the same error.
  5. I've reinstalled Max Design on both pc's
  6. Start/Stop/Reread of license file done many times...
  7. Output from IE pointing to license server gives: Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60
  8. LMTools diagnostic output:
    --------
    Diagnostics
    --------
    FLEXnet diagnostics on Wed 5/23/2012 12:38

-----------------------------------------------------
    License file: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\2013RevitMax.lic
    "65900REVITS_F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex
      License server: BAIDC01
      floating license  starts: 1-jan-1990,  no expiration date

Requests from the same USER/HOST do not consume a new license

This license cannot be checked out because:
    A PACKAGE component must be specified.
    Feature:       65900REVITS_F
    License path:  C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\2013RevitMax.lic;
    FLEXnet Licensing error:-125,147
    For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
    available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".
    "70100MAXDES_F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex

This license can be checked out
    "85954REVITS_2013_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex

"85791REVITS_2012_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex

"85623REVITS_2011_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex

"74200REVITS_2010_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex

9. LMTools Server Status:
    --------
    Status
    --------
    Flexible License Manager status on Wed 5/23/2012 12:38

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
    License server status: 27000@BAIDC01
        License file(s) on BAIDC01: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\2013RevitMax.lic:

BAIDC01: license server UP (MASTER) v11.10

Vendor daemon status (on BAIDC01):

adskflex: UP v11.10
    Feature usage info:

Users of 65900REVITS_F:  (Total of 47 licenses issued;  Total of 2 licenses in use)

"65900REVITS_F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex
      floating license

Tanya bai047TanyaW bai047TanyaW (v1.000) (BAIDC01/27000 101), start Wed 5/23 11:47
        pieter BAI106Pieter BAI106Pieter (v1.000) (BAIDC01/27000 301), start Wed 5/23 11:47

Users of 70100MAXDES_F:  (Total of 3 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85954REVITS_2013_0F:  (Total of 47 licenses issued;  Total of 2 licenses in use)

"85954REVITS_2013_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex
      floating license

Tanya bai047TanyaW bai047TanyaW (v1.0) (BAIDC01/27000 201), start Wed 5/23 11:47
        pieter BAI106Pieter BAI106Pieter (v1.0) (BAIDC01/27000 401), start Wed 5/23 11:47

Users of 85791REVITS_2012_0F:  (Total of 47 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85623REVITS_2011_0F:  (Total of 47 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 74200REVITS_2010_0F:  (Total of 47 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

10. The autodesk License parser gives the following:
    Parsed License File 2013RevitMax.lic
    License Type Single / Distributed
    Computer / Hostname BAIDC01
    MAC Address / Host ID d4ae5265085d
    Specified Port First Available
    Warnings and Errors
    Warning: The number of package increments in the files is not consistent with the number of increments reported.
    Increment Information
    There are no increments in this license file. An Increment represents one product, for example AutoCAD 2010 or AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009.
    Package Increments MatchedSeats Feature Feature Code Serial Number Issue Date Expiration
    47 Subscription Package: AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 65900REVITS_F xxx-xxxxxxxx 23-May-2012 permanent
      AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2013 85954REVITS_2013_0F  
      AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2012 85791REVITS_2012_0F  
      AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2011 85623REVITS_2011_0F  
      AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2010 74200REVITS_2010_0F  
    3 Subscription Package: 3ds Max Design 70100MAXDES_F xxx-xxxxxxxx 23-May-2012 permanent

There was an error locating the package definition in this license file.

Edited by
    Discussion_Admin 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
PietMoen1594
in reply to: PietMoen1594

Hi,

I'm just going to give myself lots of kudos although I still don't understand why this now works:

The last line about package info bugged me the whole day so I added the whole section for the Max license starting with Package to the complete license file for Revit, saved as a combined file. I did the normal stop start reread license file and ... voila.. Max and AutoCad works.

In the past I've only added the Increment section as mentioned everywhere on this site (and other non Autodesk sites) without any issues.

Hope this helps somebody..

Message 3 of 8
DarrenP

you need to edit your post and take out server information and serial numbers

it sounds like the 3ds Max Design 2013 isn't being generated correctly or not being combined correctly

some tips on combing license file: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
PietMoen1594
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren

I don't have an option to edit it or I'm looking in the wrong place.

I've done the combining of license files for a couple of years and never had this issue. Both these products are on subscription. I've tried it exactly as per your link with no success.

I don't know why it is working with the package info for both NLM licenses as I've never done it like that. The only thing I haven't tried was to use IE to do the license request and not Firefox.  I don't see how this would make a difference since I used the button at the bottom to save the license file rather than copy and paste the text on the webpage.

Regards

PS: I can edit this reply, but I can only delete my previous post and on the first post there is no option to delete or edit. If it is an issue youre welcome to edit or delete the thread and I'll repost.

Message 5 of 8
TravisNave

Like Darren said, you probably need to regenerate your license file.  Also make sure the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE is set on your client and that the dates/times between the client and server match. 

I'll have your serial numbers removed. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 8
PietMoen1594

Hi Travis,

I've re-requested the license file twice today making sure that the two files have the same date. I've checked with most of the links regarding the licensing at the bottom of your post, but will check the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE entry. We've never had to do modifications other than what was done during install.

Dates and times on all the clients and servers are set daily from the server, but will check when I'm back at the office tomorrow. My pc picked-up the license from the server but not the other one. I've resorted to doing a reinstall of the OS since it's a brand new installation and there are some other items I'm not happy with.

Regards

Message 7 of 8
PietMoen1594

I don't understand why AutoCAD will get a license from the same license file and server as Max, but Max has  license issue. Surely they use the same licensing system? This is all on the same pc. If the issue happened on different pc's I could understand that there could be individual networking issues.

Message 8 of 8
PietMoen1594

Just to close the thread as solved.

In my case I had to combine the Revit 2013 and Max 2013 NLM files by adding both the PACKAGE and INCREMENT data for both the licenses and not just the INCREMENT section.

Additional info: License server is on Server 2008 R2 x64, IPv 6 and IP v4

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report