Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Network License Server

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mbuchheim
817 Views, 8 Replies

New Network License Server

Hello,

we would like to migrate our Windows Machine which operates the Network License Manager Tool (LMTools.exe). This machine still runs Windows 2000, it's a virtual machine on a vmware esxi 4.1 Host. Obviously the License manager works only with this specific mac adress of the vm, so migrating the machine means a new mac adress and therefore a new license key. How can we obtain a new license key? Is it necessary to open a incident for this case?

best Regards

Michael

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: mbuchheim

Honestly, since it is a virtual machine, the MAC is virtual anyway.  Query the MAC and make sure it is hard-coded.  You can move the VM or you can clone the MAC on the replacement setup.  That should keep you going. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
mbuchheim

Thanks for this clue, I've tried that today. Unfortunately we have to move the virtual machine from one esxi host to another esxi. This means that the machine gets a new mac address. I've tried to rechange the mac-address to the old one but this doesn't work. The new vmware host returns "not allowed static Ethernet address. There is a conflict with reserved MACs for this VMware host (translated from german)"

So how can we get a valid license file for the new MAC-Address?

Message 4 of 9
jbednarz

I recently moved my NLM to  a new server. I went to the online activation page and re-activated my licenses using the new server's MAC address. I have a distributed license, so I had to re-activate both servers. I made a new license files using the activation code given. If you have multiple products, I think you may have to re-activate all of them.

Message 5 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: jbednarz

Since your software is so old, it is in your best interest to find a resolution to your VMWare MAC address issue. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 9
mbuchheim1
in reply to: TravisNave

To my opinion this isn't really a vmware issue. For sure, we have to migrate the old machine and it will definitly get a new MAC address. So we need a new license file. Can this obtained online? Do we have to open a incident which we have to pay for. Pls provide us with information how to proceed.

Thanks.

Michael

Message 7 of 9
mbuchheim
in reply to: mbuchheim1

Could anyone pls. provide us with information how we can get a new license file? Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much.

Michael

Message 8 of 9
TravisNave

You can get one immediately from the Autodesk activation dept. by calling
1-800-551-1490 > #1 > #2.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 9
mbuchheim
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks a lot for this information.

Michael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report