Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Firewall & IP address - license server doesn't work

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BurlingtonElectricDept
661 Views, 3 Replies

New Firewall & IP address - license server doesn't work

We installed an internal firewall. We have the clients on one side and the servers on another. We have to change the IP address on the license server.

I can get to the server to download Map2004 and it installs properly but when I run it, I get errors. The error says:

A valid license could not be obtained by the network license
manager. Error [1200.5.-96]

The license server is windows 2003 and does the licenses for Map 2004. I get this error on any new PCs that I install map on or any PCs that were up and working with Map before the firewall went in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: BurlingtonElectricDept

Hi, to use FLEXlm behind firewall you need to open some ports, they are 2080 and 27000-27009 Hope this helps. Efim "BurlingtonElectricDept" wrote in message news:22299272.1094755432403.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > We installed an internal firewall. We have the clients on one side and the servers on another. We have to change the IP address on the license server. > > I can get to the server to download Map2004 and it installs properly but when I run it, I get errors. The error says: > > A valid license could not be obtained by the network license > manager. Error [1200.5.-96] > > The license server is windows 2003 and does the licenses for Map 2004. I get this error on any new PCs that I install map on or any PCs that were up and working with Map before the firewall went in. > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 3 of 4

I had to reset the router for my server.  My IP address changed.  Now I cannot get to my license files.  Have tried everything.  My LMtools shows the correct IP address.  The diagnostics run just fine.  I also changed the system properties on the machines that have deployments (in the environmental properties) in the ADSKFLEX__LICE line to match the new IP address.  I still cannot get the deployments to work again.  I checked the log and the main thing I found was "unable to initialize access to trusted source: 1"  Also when I try to start up autodesk here is error message I get:

-15.570 Cannot get a valid license

Please help.  I have spent the last 4 hours on this.   My software ran great before we reset the router.

Thanks!!!

Tracy

Message 4 of 4
emily.xu
in reply to: TRACYDUBCAK6607

Can you now ping the license server and client each other by hostname?

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report