Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network licensing issues. 15,10:10061

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
SteveBaria4081
7413 Views, 5 Replies

Network licensing issues. 15,10:10061

Hello everyone.

I am in the process of moving my license server to a new box.  I installed LMTOOLS on my new server and aquired a new license file from Autodesk with the correct Host name and MAC address.  The server is 2008 R2 64 bit. and IPv6 has been disabled.  Whenever I start the service I get the following error.

--------Status--------
Flexible License Manager status on Wed 7/20/2011 10:46

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 27000@10sv04

License file(s) on 10sv04: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\license.lic:
    10sv04: license server UP (MASTER) v11.9
Vendor daemon status (on 10sv04):

adskflex: The desired vendor daemon is down. 
Check the lmgrd log file, or try lmreread.
Vendor:Host:   10sv04
License path:  27000@10sv04;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-97,121
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

I then check the log file and get the following (software information removed)

10:29:01 (lmgrd) Rereading license file... Requested from administrator@10sv04
10:29:01 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemon at port 2080
10:29:01 (lmgrd) Using vendor daemon port 2080 specified in license file
10:29:01 (lmgrd) Reread: Started adskflex (pid 4380)10:29:01 (lmgrd) Done rereading
10:29:01 (lmgrd) ...Finished rereading
10:29:01 (adskflex) Unable to initialize access to trusted storage: 1
10:29:01 (adskflex) FLEXnet Licensing version v11.9.0.3 build 90785 x64_n6
10:29:03 (adskflex) Server started on 10sv04 for:	
10:29:03 (adskflex) software list...
10:29:03 (adskflex) PLIST		
10:29:03 (adskflex) EXTERNAL FILTERS are OFF
10:29:04 (adskflex) Vendor daemon can't talk to lmgrd (Cannot connect to license server system. (-15,10:10061 "WinSock: Connection refused"))
10:29:04 (adskflex) EXITING DUE TO SIGNAL 28 Exit reason 5
10:29:06 (lmgrd) adskflex exited with status 28 (Communications error)
10:29:06 (lmgrd) Since this is an unknown status, license server 
10:29:06 (lmgrd) manager (lmgrd) will attempt to re-start the vendor daemon.

This repeats a few times and then dies.

All exe files are version 11.9.  

I have been on the forums for a while and can't seem to get an answer to work.  can anyone help me?

Thanks

Steve.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: SteveBaria4081

I have had a few issues on 2008 R2. 

First, I recommend downloading 11.9.1 from Flexera.  Then make sure that when you ping the local machine, it returns a valid IPv4 address and not the IPv6 or a localhost address of ::1.  Even with IPv6 off, I have found that the return local is still ::1.  You might have to make a hosts file adjustment to make localhost point to 127.0.0.1 as well as your hostname.  Make sure UAC is also disabled and that ports 27000~27009 and 2080 are open in the Firewall as well as all four NLM .exe files. 

Download the 11.9.1 files here:

http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm

Just get the Windows 64 bit for lmgrd.exe, lmutil.exe, and lmtools.exe.

Post any additional issues you have here. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
SteveBaria4081
in reply to: TravisNave

For anyone else who is haning this issue:

I had disabled IPv6 in the adapter settings but was still getting the issues described. If you need help chainging your host file here is a great link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/m-p/29828...

Thanks Travis!

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Excellent.  That's one of my favorite guides in the forum.  Glad to help!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
rchavez

We recently transferred our license to a new server. After initially getting successful at seeing the new license server, I am now getting Error 1.5.-4 with a number of users. The message we get: A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager....
This occurred from one day to the next. No changes were made either on the server or workstation. The server is running Windows Server 2003, the workstation are in XP and Windows 7.

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

-4 simply means you are out of licenses. Check to make sure you have enough and that not all are checked out. Make sure the clients are indeed pointing to the new server and licenses are available.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report