Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network licenses for group of hosts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Rodrigo-Dias
208 Views, 2 Replies

Network licenses for group of hosts

Hi,
I want to reserve a network license for group of hosts...

The autodesk example:

"RESERVE 1 41100ACD_2002_0F HOST diamond

This Options file will reserve one license for a computer named diamond, regardless of the user that is logged on the that computer."

How can I include a group of hosts?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Rodrigo-Dias

It's in the manual. Chapter 5. Use the HOST_GROUP option:

HOST_GROUP
HOST_GROUP group_name host_list

Defines a group of hosts for use in INCLUDE, INCLUDEALL, EXCLUDE, EXCLUDEALL, and RESERVE option lines. Multiple HOST_GROUP lines add all the specified hosts into the group.

group_name: Name of the group being defined. Host group names are case sensitive.

host_list: List of host names in that group. Names are case sensitive. Set the GROUPCASEINSENSITIVE options file keyword to turn on case insensitivity. See "GROUPCASEINSENSITIVE."

To define the host group "Pacific" consisting of "tokyo," "seattle," and "auckland":

HOST_GROUP Pacific tokyo seattle auckland

Anywhere a host name can be used in an options file, an IP-address can be used instead.

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk%20Network%20License%20Manager/Docs/FlexUser/chap5.htm#wp920931

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Rodrigo-Dias
in reply to: Rodrigo-Dias

Thanks, I'll try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report