Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License manager

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
349 Views, 5 Replies

Network License manager

Sorry if this is an easy one but I am a noob to autodesk. I am the new IT guy here. We had autodesk installed on several desktops using the autodesk license manger. Unfortunately the license manager was run on a pc that no one "was shure what it does". The hard drive crashed and now I am lost. I was able to recover the license manager directory and the license key. My problem is I have no install cd that I know of. Since they cleaned house here and got rid of everyone. We only use autodesk on 1 computer now. Is there a way to put this license file on that pc. I already tried renaming the licensepath.lic file and letting it error out on me and pointing it to the new location of the file. That failed misserably. I either need to find a download of the license manager or figure out a way to make the license.lic file work on this pc.

Thanks
Bill
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

BoltaronITGuy said the following On 9/7/2006 2:19 PM:
> Sorry if this is an easy one but I am a noob to autodesk. I am the new IT guy here. We had autodesk installed on several desktops using the autodesk license manger. Unfortunately the license manager was run on a pc that no one "was shure what it does". The hard drive crashed and now I am lost. I was able to recover the license manager directory and the license key. My problem is I have no install cd that I know of. Since they cleaned house here and got rid of everyone. We only use autodesk on 1 computer now. Is there a way to put this license file on that pc. I already tried renaming the licensepath.lic file and letting it error out on me and pointing it to the new location of the file. That failed misserably. I either need to find a download of the license manager or figure out a way to make the license.lic file work on this pc.
>
> Thanks
> Bill

The NLM is on the AutoCAD media that you (hopefully) have.
If you are putting this on a new PC, you will need to get a new license
file from your reseller (you will need to supply the machine name, and
MAC address)

Then add this Windows environment variable to all client machines:

Var: ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE
Value: @MACHINE_NAME

(where MACHINE_NAME is the actual machine name of the license server)

After the LM is set up correctly and started, then the client machine
should be able to pull a license with no problem.

--
R.K. McSwain
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com
Message 3 of 6
TravisNave

RK is right. You do need both a new license file and to download the License Manager if you are missing install CDs.

You can get the License Manager for Windows here:

http://www.macrovision.com/support/by_catagory/fnp_utilities_download.shtml

Get your new license file from Autodesk or your Reseller.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks. That helped a lot. After you sent the link I realized I had those files. I just did not know how to start them running. Your link had that info. If anyone else ever runs into this here is what I did. I added a second netbios name to that server giving it the same name it had long ago. I then setup a batch file to run my script and configured the batch file to run as a service. Again thanks guys.
Message 5 of 6
TravisNave

That's creative! And glad I could assist.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

BoltaronITGuy wrote:
> I added a second netbios name to that server giving it the same name it had long ago.
> I then setup a batch file to run my script and configured the batch file to run
> as a service. Again thanks guys.

If you run the lmutils application on the server, one of the screens
allows you to set up an instance of the license manager as a true
windows service rather than relying on the batch file.

Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report