Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to combine 2008 and 2009 license servers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
letojd
307 Views, 3 Replies

Need to combine 2008 and 2009 license servers

Need Help,

I currently have one Windows 2003 server running Flexlm service for Acad2008 and another server running Flexlm service for 2009. I need to combine these onto one server so decommission the server currently serving the 2009 licenses.

Is this possible? I think I read that I can combine the 2 licenses into one file however the 2009 license has the server info for the server that will be taken down. Do I need to create a new license from the 2009 license manager on the current 2008 Flexlm box before I can merge. For some reason I can't seem to install the 2009 license manager on the same server that the 2008 version is already installed on even if I change the directory.

My guess was to create a new license using the 2009 manager on the old server but plugging in the server name for the server it will be moved to and the host ID of the new server that I can get from the lookup button while running the 2008 manager on the box the 2009 license is moving to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are licensed to run both versions as we are running a mixed environment of XP and Vista and needed both.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: letojd

If your products are under Subscription, your one license file for 2009 will allow you to run 2008 as well. If your product is not under Subscription and your AutoCAD 2008 is related to your AutoCAD 2009 thru an upgrade, then you are legally only able to run the maximum amount of licenses that you own for the current version. This means that if you had 10 seats of AutoCAD 2008 that you upgraded to AutoCAD 2009, then you can still only run 10 seats total. This does not apply if your AutoCAD 2009 are brand new seats. You may want to clarify this, just to be certain you are compliant.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
letojd

Ok, I ended up using the 2009 NLM on the server I want to take down to get a new license with the new server name and host ID. I mapped a drive to the server currently hosting the 2008 license and injected the new license into from the 2009 NLM.

Looks like doing it this way did the trick.
Message 4 of 4
letojd

Thanks for that information, as it turns out we only have 5 users total anyway so for the moment we won't have an issue with the 5 2008 and 5 2009 licenses.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report