Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET 4 Framework error trying to install ANY version of 3DS MAX on Windows 7

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
elvenseer
1131 Views, 3 Replies

.NET 4 Framework error trying to install ANY version of 3DS MAX on Windows 7

<->
I have tried numerous vesion of 3DS MAx (2011,2012 and 2013) and have done a zero all data and clean install of windows several times.  I have even tried a couple of different versions of Widows (Home premium, Performance version etc) and i KEEP getting an error that prevents install.

(I am now running..and will stick with Windows 7 Home premium 64bit)

Whether i try the RUN install or save option, i get a red box coming up with an error message which states that the software needs .Net 4 or later to install.  But this system already has the latest .net 4.

If i click on the link with the error to install .NET 4 .. it eventually errors stating i already have .net 4 installed...No Kidding!!! 
I have searched various windows forum suggestions but none relate to this issue.

Please help- i have been messing around with this for WEEKS!!!! and i have 2 assignments well overdue. 

Somebody pleeeease help.  . 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: elvenseer

I would reload Windows if possible. Anything dealing with trying to repair .NET can be  tricky.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/01/installation-net-repair-for-windows-7-the-easy-wa...

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: elvenseer

Your product is failing to install because the prerequiste program required by the installer is newer than the version being installed. Please uninstall the prerequisite program causing the issue and run your installer again.

.NET Framework issues can be resolved using the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool. More information about this tool can be found at my discussion thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
mariswanidse
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi, I have same problem: "Same or higher version of .NET Framework 4 has already been installed on this computer". Can I uninstall it with Revo Uninstaller and I should delete all what you can see on attached picture?Thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report