Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple 3dmax 2013 Installation Failures

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hakimem
219 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple 3dmax 2013 Installation Failures

The installation starts out fine. All the steps seem fine until at the end a message shows saying Installation successful except for the following programs. None of the programs are installed successfully.

I am not sure what is wrong.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
andre_dms
in reply to: hakimem

I got the same behavior when installing the Building Suite (which includes 3DS). After system reboot, and rerunning the setup, the apps appears to be installed without errors. But to get a perfect installation, I had to completely reinstall the Windows 7 Ultimate 64... The workstation have two intel SSDs on this system, one for operating system and another for apps, i7 processor and 24GB DDR3 1600, Quadro card, and even with all that the installation is absurdly time consuming - took several hours. 

Some tips for you when installing 2013 apps: 

- configure your machine to use the "high performance" power saving settings, and disable hard drive poweroff;

- leave the machine with just only the install running until it finishes;

- get plenty of RAM, it's is cheap these days;

- on Revit, if the install is done with the downloaded file, it's a nightmare to install the update package;

- I concluded that after get an troubled installation, no matter what is done, it`s impossible to install or reinstall the software successfully, not even doing registry corrections as stated on documentation. Just go ways of system recovery or reinstall and you can save some time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report