Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
dtiemeyer
1450 Views, 2 Replies

Move Deployment

I have moved our server deployments from a simple:

\\myserver\deploy\AutoCAD MEP 2011

to

\\dfs.server\deploy\AutoCAD MEP 2011

I have edited the two .ini files in the 'AdminImage' directory to the new pathing and I have edited the path in the Deployment Link file. However when I try to run 'Setup.exe' from the AdminImage directory it fails. No error message, no log (that I can find).

Any suggestions?

I am hoping to add in Update 2 to the package, as well as have the package function from its new location.

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alison.gangler
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Hi,

The deployment should be launched from the shortcut that is on the same level as the AdminImage folder. You can always right click on this shortcut to view the properties if you need to launch the install through a command or script.

If you need to modify the deployment to add the Update 2, you open the Tools directory and launch the shrotcut, Create & modify a deployment. This shortcut will also need to have the path to the new server updated just as the main install shortcut. Then launching the Create & Modify shortcut will allow you to change the configuration options of the deployment and also add the Update.

http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/08/deployment-basics-part-2-moving-an-image.html

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
dtiemeyer
in reply to: alison.gangler

Thank you, I was being confused and thought the 'Setup.exe' in AdminImage was the tool to modify a deployment, now I realize I need the 'Modify' link in the Tools directory. Thanks again!

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report